Ms Marvel (spoilers)

Stalker0

Legend
My big takeaway from the first season is maybe the Karachi stuff would have worked better in the second season. The two opening episodes did such a great job establishing Kamala in Jersey City; putting a character in a place like all good fiction is supposed to do (well, most), bringing both to life that when the action moved to Karachi it felt jarring. Something was lost.
I will agree with this, the transition did feel jarring. Now narratively it did work, it did connect Kamala with some of her heritage, and gave her and her mother a chance to bond.... but it also consumed a fair bit of time, and probably could have been mostly handled in the Jersey setting without too much trouble.

Than second season could be mostly focused on Karachi.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Yeah, we’ve been talking about that upthread. Some speculation on the Negative Zone. I reckon it’s more likely she’s on some other planet. (They won’t have her floating in space unless she can survive in a hard vacuum like Carol can).
They might have transported her to the SWORD space station - where she”ll meet Fury etc. Carol didnt look overly discombobulated by being transported to Kamalas bedroom so I assume she wasnt on some critical mission in deep space when it happened.

Taking her to the space station is narratively a much easier way to get her in a team up without endangering her too much too

pukunui

Legend
They might have transported her to the SWORD space station - where she”ll meet Fury etc. Carol didnt look overly discombobulated by being transported to Kamalas bedroom so I assume she wasnt on some critical mission in deep space when it happened.

Taking her to the space station is narratively a much easier way to get her in a team up without endangering her too much too
Maybe! It sucks that we have to wait a whole year to find out ...

If they follow their normal schedule for this stuff, we should get the behind the scenes/making of episode this week for Ms Marvel. I think this one will be even more entertaining than most. But besides that, I can't believe we have to go a full month with nothing for Marvel or Star Wars. But then we will get two shows at once again when Andor starts during the 3rd week of She-Hulk.

Janx

Hero
We enjoyed the finale. though the thin blue line could've put up stiffer resistance to getting past them. I guess that's also on point.

I also noticed nobody's talking about Bruno. Or his unrequited love. Or the DC brutality when that cop hit him in the face with the butt of his gun.

Great show and a lot of fun.

Thomas Shey

Legend
We enjoyed the finale. though the thin blue line could've put up stiffer resistance to getting past them. I guess that's also on point.

To be fair, they'd have to be reaaaly sure they were in the right for a local police agency to want to completely block a federal one. The fact they even put in the effort that they did is kind of impressive.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I thought this was an odd bit of storytelling. It makes me wonder if part of that story was left on the cutting room floor.

Either that or its a setup for later. Like the whole business with Kareem calling him Byron, not because he's being dismissive but because he heard it wrong and has never caught corrections. It puts him in a very different light with the "I've been calling you by the wrong name this whole time?!"

Janx

Hero
Either that or its a setup for later. Like the whole business with Kareem calling him Byron, not because he's being dismissive but because he heard it wrong and has never caught corrections. It puts him in a very different light with the "I've been calling you by the wrong name this whole time?!"
Or they were nodding to and stepping past a lot of negative tropes.

the white guy usually gets the brown girl. Not this time.

The white guy usually gets the brown person's name wrong. Not this time.

The guy with unrequited feelings becomes the angry incel. Not this time.

Remove ads