• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E My happiness or yours.

XunValdorl_of_Kilsek

Banned
Banned
Are you not happy with Pathfinder?

Oh I love Pathfinder, but I would like to play another edition of D&D that's new and one I like. They are supposed to be repairing the Forgotten Realms and I am excited about that.

The only reason I played 4th edition was because a friend spent a lot of money buying the modules and books, and of course we did what friends do so we played it.

To a lot of us, it was like visiting a friend who's house smells like dog s&$t. You sit there and you try and ignore it out of kindness, but eventually you jump up and run out of there because you can't take it any longer.

Mod Note: Please see my post below. ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

XunValdorl_of_Kilsek

Banned
Banned
I'm not sure there's much in the way of a conspiracy at all.

Actually, on the playtest forums, the only people that have complained about a conspiracy of shutting down their discussions have been yourself, Brock_Landers(who's been recently permabanned from here), and MltKnight/JessicaT/[insert whatever other number of screennames he has](better known here as Gorgoth, who has also been permabanned from here).

Like I have said before, I've been going to their site since the beginning. It was mainly around the 4th edition era that this really started happening. They began actually making the threads disappear instead of merely locking them. Also, a lot of these threads never violated the CoC and at times the mods couldn't even find a reason to say why they are locking the thread. The universal excuse that gets used now is "edition warring" or "the thread will be reviewed etc."

At the end of the day, it's sad that they go to such lengths and it just shows a confidence problem on their part.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Like I have said before, I've been going to their site since the beginning. It was mainly around the 4th edition era that this really started happening. They began actually making the threads disappear instead of merely locking them. Also, a lot of these threads never violated the CoC and at times the mods couldn't even find a reason to say why they are locking the thread. The universal excuse that gets used now is "edition warring" or "the thread will be reviewed etc."

At the end of the day, it's sad that they go to such lengths and it just shows a confidence problem on their part.
To be fair, prior to the release of 4e, they didn't have as many people on their forums screaming that their currently released product was dog s%*t.

MarkB

Legend
To a lot of us, it was like visiting a friend who's house smells like dog s&$t. You sit there and you try and ignore it out of kindness, but eventually you jump up and run out of there because you can't take it any longer.

So, you consider liking 4e to be the social equivalent of living in a house smelling of dog mess, and you say that WotC deleted some of your discussions due to alleged edition warring? I can't imagine how that could have happened.

the Jester

Legend
Yeah, I always love these over the top exaggeration answers that seem to come out instead of actually reading the thread and giving some constructive feedback.

YOU are the one pining about how you had to "endure" 4e and comparing playing it to hanging out in a house reeking of dog poop. I don't think anybody else is doing the over-the-top exaggeration on the same level that you are, to be honest, and it's completely disingenuous to pretend that anyone else's comments are even on the same level as your dogpoop comments.

It's fine to want- and hope- that WotC will put out a game you like. It's completely ridiculous to expect them to make a game that you will like at the expense of others.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Yeah, I always love these over the top exaggeration answers that seem to come out instead of actually reading the thread and giving some constructive feedback.

You know god damn well there isn't a goon squad. I already play Pathfinder but I'm ready to play a new edition of D&D that makes me happy.

Sure, it's hyperbole. But so is the claim of being forced to "endure" 4e.

Please explain how you were made to "endure" 4e.

XunValdorl_of_Kilsek

Banned
Banned
Sure, it's hyperbole. But so is the claim of being forced to "endure" 4e.

Please explain how you were made to "endure" 4e.

Well Wizards of the Coast wasn't creating another current edition on the side that was to my liking so 4th edition was what I had to endure until the next one came along. I don't want a repeat of an edition I would rather watch paint dry than play.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Well Wizards of the Coast wasn't creating another current edition on the side that was to my liking so 4th edition was what I had to endure until the next one came along. I don't want a repeat of an edition I would rather watch paint dry than play.

So why couldn't you ignore it like I did?

I'm not seeing anything here that shows how WotC made you "endure" it. I just see a bunch of butthurt because they didn't cater to your idea of what D&D should be.

Here's a clue: If you get booted from a site, then take the same line of BS to another, and people call you out for it, you're the common denominator.

Remove ads