• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My World's Dwarves

Mycanid

First Post
Raven Crowking said:
Old thread. There was a time when I thought using the color stuff was a good way to differentiate different types of information. I didn't realize that not everyone had a black background.

RC

Ah ... that explains then. :)

Robert Ranting

First Post
Nice bit of flavor text, I especially like the forms of address, and the thought you've obviously put into their cultural development. Giving them access to runes in their racial levels is also a very nice touch, and something I'd never considered for my own AE games, but might want to implement now that I've seen it. *yoink*

I also appreciate the obvious influence of Arcana Unearthed/Evolved, Ravenloft, and WarCraft (Titanborn?), which are three of my main influences as well.

I'm a little surprised how much positive reaction that changing the Dwarves' to type Giant has generated. I ran a homebrew two years ago where I changed Dwarves to be type Giant, and my players didn't go for it. Their negative reaction sortof soured me on the idea, but now I think maybe it wasn't such a bad idea afterall (rather, maybe my players just have no taste :p)

Overall, nice work, and I'd like to see more of this setting as you develop it.

Robert "Homebrew is the Best Brew" Ranting

Hussar

Legend
Raven Crowking said:
Um....haven't you people heard that worldbuilding is indulgent? :lol:

FIFY. If you're going to dredge up other discussions, at least try to get the argument right.

So, how often have these dwarves featured in an adventure in the last year of gaming?

Warren Okuma

First Post
Baron Opal said:
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy has this to say about the Acronym FIFY:

1) Full Industrial Fabrication Year: i.e. the maximum theoretical productive output of one factory for one year.
2) Fabulously Insane Fearsome Yeti! It is a creature so vain that it competes in combat fashion show blood sports. These creatures are the odds on favorite for this year in the All Sparta-4 Battle Pageant and Fashion War.
3) Flying Invincible Fighting Yaks: Don’t mess with them. Just don’t. Really.

edit: believe me, hong is a statistician

Wraith Form

Explorer
Seriously? Consider this thread utterly snagged, yoinked, ripped, slotted and (at the rough spots) shoehorned directly into my setting. At it's coming at a very timely...err, time...in my campaign as I'll be dealing with dwarves soon.

Thank you!

p.s. I have some vague mental meanderings about gnomes....would you like to collaborate? Email me at hideously [dot] deformed [at] gmail [dot] com if so.

der_kluge

Adventurer
threadnecromancy.jpg

Remove ads