Nazareth Awakened [Mage: The Awakening] [OOC]

Mosier

First Post
Just a quick question - Can I assume that Agnasci made it to Rich's place safely? Also, I had Agnasci read Rich's name off his driver license (assuming he had one) before I gave the wallet back to Rich. His real name will come in handy if I ever need to curse the bastard...

TillForPie

First Post
Just a quick question - Can I assume that Agnasci made it to Rich's place safely?
He's likely to make it to BR's apartment, yes. I didn't fast-forward him there because I want to keep all the PCs on the same time frame for now.

Mosier said:
Also, I had Agnasci read Rich's name off his driver license (assuming he had one) before I gave the wallet back to Rich.
My bad, I'd noted that when I was reading posts but forgot to address it in mine. His ID had the same name as his meds did: Richard Sullivan.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sorry for my absence over the past couple of days. Work and the other usual suspects have kept me busy but the work stuff (interviews for my boss's position) is over now and I should be back to regular posting.

TillForPie

First Post
With that we've reached the end of Chapter One. Woo!

Chapter Two will begin once I've received everyone's advancement instructions.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Awesome chapter, TillForPie! I've enjoyed it very much and look forward to what is coming up next. I need to think on what I want to do with the experience and I'm sure I'll have some questions in that regard soon.

TillForPie

First Post
I suspect the most popular decision will be to save exp in order to stockpile enough for Gnosis/Arcana increases at the end of Chapter Two but rounding out your character with more skills and skill specialties is possible.

For those who are unsure how to best spend their rote dots, the three best types of spells to get rotes for are, 1.) Spells that provide benefits based on the number of successes scored (as opposed to ones that simply either work or don't, like the various mage sight spells); 2.) Vulgar spells (as using a rote will reduce the chances of a vulgar spell causing Paradox); and 3.) Spells from your non-ruling arcana (because it costs a point of mana to cast a spell from a non-ruling arcana unless you're using a rote - this means that at Gnosis 1 it's actually impossible to cast a non-ruling arcana spell that has a built-in mana cost unless you're using a rote). So any spell that your character is liable to use often that meets one of those three criteria is probably a good candidate for purchasing a rote of.

Shayuri

First Post
Yar. I'm going to be picking up Space as my new Arcana, I think...and I'll definitely want a rote or two from there.

I don't think I can really do Vulgar magic with Time and Fate with just 2 dots in them yet...

I'll definitely be saving exp. I want Gnosis, but I also want Time 3 asap. That's where the stuff gets real. :)

TillForPie

First Post
I'll definitely be saving exp. I want Gnosis, but I also want Time 3 asap. That's where the stuff gets real. :)
Potentially won't have to save exp for Time 3.

Just so everyone knows how it's going to wind up working: At the end of Chapter Two everyone will be getting the remainder of the stuff due to them as new characters - 3 more rote dots, the High Speech merit, and a level bump for their first arcanum (which is to say, to a single ruling arcanum that they have at level 2 - they'll either have one or two such arcana depending how they spend their dots now).

Last edited:

Remove ads