• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Necromancer's City of Brass

elijah snow

First Post
Thank you. This is exactly the kind of detail I was looking for. Sounds very good. BTW, the 4e announcement has no impact on my decision to buy this or other upcoming 3.5e products. :D

bowbe said:
CITY OF BRASS
Table of Contents
Book I: The City of Brass
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: History of the City of Brass
Chapter 3: The Plane of Molten Skies
Chapter 4: The Bazaar of Beggars
Chapter 5: City of Brass Overview
Chapter 6: The Upper City
Chapter 7: The Middle City
Chapter 8: The Lower City
Chapter 9: The Sultan’s Palace

Book II: Tales of Brass: 1001 Efreeti Nights
Chapter 10: Prologue
Chapter 11: The Path of the Prophet
Chapter 12: The Shining Pyramid
Chapter 13: The Minaret of Screams
Chapter 14: The Great Repository
Chapter 15: The City of the Dead Sultana
Chapter 16: The Circus of Pain
Chapter 17: The KhizAnah
Chapter 18: The Ziggurat of Flame
Chapter 19: The Pagoda of Devils
Chapter 20: Tower of the Grand Vizier

Book 3:Monsters&NPCs Appendix
Appendix 1: NPCs
Appendix 2: Monsters
Appendix 3: Battle Slaves
Appendix 4: New Spells
Appendix 5: New Feats and Magic Items
Appendix 6: New Prestige Classes/Classes
Appendix 7: 101 Story Seeds
Appendix 8: OGL

Book 4: Maps

400 ish pages total if not "On the Nose"

Interiors by Brian LeBlanc and others, with Brians work being some of his very best.
Maps by Ed Bourelle (Ptolus). The map book is printed in a brownish color to look "aged and mysterious". Haven't recieved my comp copies yet.

We had quite a few RPG luminaries offer some of the 101 Adventure seeds, and some locations here and there. Rob Schwalb, Anthony Pryor, Rob Mull, Patrick Lawinger, Ect. Clark Peterson had some initial input on "what he wanted" and as the boss we complied. The rest of the meat and "fluff" of the book was myself, and Scott Greene (Tome of Horrors Series) who developed a lot of the cool planar traits and of course ground through a mind numbing number of stats.

Scott and I are both really proud of this product, but haven't "seen" the physical copy yet. Evidently the pre-orders got theirs before the comps went out this time around! I'll be giving it my first hands on look around noon-1pm tomorrow in Indy.

Books 1, 2 and 4 are pretty "edition (stat) free" and comprise the bulk of the book.
Case

D20Dazza

Explorer
TerraDave said:
Someone actually have this long rumored box set? Any thing you would like to share?

WWP08359_500.jpeg

Please.
I'm going to wait for the 4e version - keen to get it when it comes out though ;)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Ya, ya. 4th ed. Just cause I was right about it...you see something like this, and it gives you mixed emotions.

Still, I am sure someone will do a conversion document/thread... :D

But now: tell me more!

Thanks

RichGreen

Adventurer
So, has anyone got this? Thinking of buying it today but I won't be able to see inside at Orc's Nest as they shrink-wrap everything.

Cheers

Richard

D20Dazza said:
I'm going to wait for the 4e version - keen to get it when it comes out though ;)

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Necro generally puts out very limited print runs for these boxed sets. Worth every penny, though. Maybe the print run thing will change since the union with Paizo.

Tharen the Damned

First Post
bowbe said:
And of corse ;) with a print run of 1000-1500 copies, shoot, there will be enough 3.5 ed holdouts to move it even if its as a protest vote against 4ed.

I hope CoB sells out soon because I want this to become a classic in the future.

Then, one day I can show it to my grandchildren (they play D&D 7th Ed* -full electronic contend. The new idea there: PI print initiative, for a nominal fee you can get print contend to your online stuff).
"That" I would say "That is from the time when D&D still only had 20 levels (instead of 60 in 7th**) and you would actually need to know the rules to play!"
They would look at the Books and be stunned speechless...

* a new Edition every 8 Years
** 10 mor levels each new edition

:p

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

Bought it yesterday. It's a very heavy, sturdy boxed set with the four booklets filling it completely. Haven't had a chance to read more than the intro so far but it looks cool.

Cheers

Richard

Remove ads