• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Armor and Weapons

Triangleman27

First Post
Working on new equipment options for my campaign. In keeping with 4e's minimalist approach, I did not include equipment that would need special rules (such as bolas, whips, et al.).

Cloth Armor (light)

Quilted
Armor Bonus: +1 MEB: - Check: - Speed: - Price: 5 gp
Weight: 10 lb.

Heavy Clothing
Armor Bonus: +1 MEB: - Check: -1 Speed: - Price: 3 gp
Weight: 8 lb.

Leather Armor (light)

Ring armor
Armor Bonus: +3 MEB: - Check: - Speed: - Price: 35 gp
Weight: 20 lb.

Hide Armor (light)

Chitin Armor
Armor Bonus: +4 MEB: - Check: -1 Speed: - Price: 40 gp
Weight: 25 lb.

Chainmail (heavy)

Plated Mail
Armor Bonus: +7 MEB: - Check: -1 Speed: -1 Price: 45 gp
Weight: 45 lb.

Scale armor (heavy)

Brigandine
Armor Bonus: +6 MEB: - Check: - Speed: -1 Price: 43 gp
Weight: 35 lb.

Lamellar
Armor Bonus: +8 MEB: - Check: -1 Speed: -1 Price: 60 gp
Weight: 48 lb.

Plate armor (heavy)

Gothic Plate
Armor Bonus: +10 MEB: - Check: -3 Speed: -1 Price: 100 gp
Weight: 60 lb. Special: You cannot run in this armor.

------------------------------------------------

Simple Weapons

One-handed Melee

Gauntlet
Prof: +0 Damage: 1d6 Price: 3 gp Weight: 1 lb. Group: Mace
Properties: Off-hand

One-handed Ranged

Dart
Prof: +3 Damage: 1d4 Range: 7/14 Price: 5 sp Weight: 1/2 lb.
Group: Light Blade Properties: Light thrown

Military Weapons
One-handed Melee

Kukri
Prof: +3 Damage: 1d4 Price: 10 gp Weight: 2 lb. Group: Light blade
Properties: Off-hand, high crit

Pilum
Prof: +2 Damage: 1d8 Range: 10/20 Price: 10 gp Weight: 2 lb. Group: Spear Properties: Heavy thrown

Trident
Prof: +2 Damage: 1d10 Price: 15 gp Weight: 4 lb. Group: Spear Properties: Versatile

Superior Weapons
One-handed Melee

Battleclaw
Prof: +2 Damage: 1d8 Price: 10 gp Weight: 3 lb. Group: Light blade Properties: Off-hand

Broadsword
Prof: +3 Damage: 2d4 Price: 30 gp Weight: 6 lb. Group: Heavy blade Properties: Versatile

Nunchaku
Prof: +3 Damage: 1d6 Price: 2 gp Weight: 2 lb. Group: Flail Properties: Off-hand

Tonfa
Prof: +3 Damage: 1d6 Price: 3 gp Weight: 2 lb. Group: Mace Properties: Off-hand

One-handed Ranged

Chakram
Prof: +3 Damage: 1d6 Range: 10/20 Price: 8 gp Weight: 1 lb.
Group: Light blade Properties: Light thrown

Last edited:

fissionessence

First Post
Good expansion to the PHB. Personally, though, I'd be more interested in armor and weapons that did have special rules. There are only so many number tweaks you can make in four or five table columns while keeping different weapons unique from each other.

I happen to have converted a couple of weapons; not sure how balanced they are or anything, but I made them as part of my Thri-Kreen conversion for my campaign.

~

Attachments

• Thri-Kreen_Racial_Weapons.jpg
    Thri-Kreen_Racial_Weapons.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 150

Khaalis

Adventurer
Hey all. I've finally gotten around to adding an Equipment page to the Wiki. Feel free to add items you'd like to contribute, or post here what you would like added if you aren't up to posting your items but would like to see them there.

TheLordWinter

First Post
So I don't think this has already been mentioned, but the pilum should have a trait of some sort like "Disposable" which renders the weapon useless after being thrown. That was sort of the point of the pilum and all.

So I don't think this has already been mentioned, but the pilum should have a trait of some sort like "Disposable" which renders the weapon useless after being thrown. That was sort of the point of the pilum and all.

Certainly I'd agree that in a game that has javelins, this would be the main separating factor.

cmbarona

First Post
Ranged numbers

I noticed the dart would essentially be a simple version of the shuriken with better range, and the chakram is by far better. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of requiring a separate feat for shurikens? I think the numbers need to be tweaked a bit to re-balance things with the existing ranged weapons, whether your new entries or the PHB entries.

Edit: Other than that, I think your additions look fine. I'd love to see an entry for "partizan" myself. I think that's my favorite polearm. Maybe Superior, 2-handed, +3 proficiency, 1d10 (haven't balanced damage with other weapons), reach, heavy blade, polearm, spear.

Last edited:

Remove ads