• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New character for level 7 game

dustfather

Explorer
Ranged attacks, spell support, AoE damage, or a pet class/summoner would pair well. A grave cleric also super charges those smites and mitigates crits against your team so that'd be fun.

That said, you have two mates who will be in constant melee range of your opponents. A protector like an armorer artificer, ancestral guardian, or cavalier will make you terrifying. I got to see a similar trio in action and it was fantastic.
As I noted in another post, I didn't want to deal with minions/pets. I have done that a lot in other games and just didn't want to deal with it.

I went with lore bard as it allowed me to help support and heal, but also shore up skills the monk and paladin were lacking.

Thanks everyone for ideas.

As I noted in another post, I didn't want to deal with minions/pets. I have done that a lot in other games and just didn't want to deal with it.

I went with lore bard as it allowed me to help support and heal, but also shore up skills the monk and paladin were lacking.

Thanks everyone for ideas.

If you are playing a lore bard, I would recommend starting as Lore Bard 6/Hexblade Warlock 1. The weakness of the lore bard is poor direct damage and defense (primarily bad AC). One level of hexblade allows you to wear medium armor + shield AND gives you access to the shield spell. This is a HUGE upgrade to your defense. And it also gives you access to eldritch blast for those moments you must do ranged damage. This may be important as paladins and monks are often weak in ranged combat. And because you are a 6th level lore bard, you will still be starting play with your magical secrets!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads