NG vs. N: Neutral Good Victorious!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC: Correct. If he happened to break free, then doing the jaunt from the air above would be great, otherwise he'll do it right there (thus also the defensive casting specification)

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Getting out of a grapple is at a minimum a standard action (opposed grapple check) or a full round action (escape artist). He cannot do that and cast the ethereal jaunt in the same round.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC: That was the way I understood it before, but in the arena fights I've been in people have consistently made multiple grapple checks a round so I figured I had it wrong.

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Yes, you can make multiple grapple checks using the iterative base attack bonus, but that either makes it a standard action (one grapple check, which you could then also perform a move action) or a full round action (for two or more grapple checks). In neither case can you also perform another standard action for the SLA. So, you saw it correctly, I just don't think something is translating correctly. :)

Gansk

Explorer
Round 576: Daniel concentrates successfully (Rolled 32-2 for shaken) and the spell is cast. A twinkle in TM's eye flashes for an instant and Daniel remains held in the Prime Material plane. (The spell doesn't work.)

Round 577: TM chomps on Daniel for 19, then swallows him (rolled 55 vs. 28 Grp check). As soon he enters the montrosity's stomach, his aura, DR, and etherealness kick in and he doesn't take any further damage. Daniel has 37 hp.

TM turns his head toward Dino. Dino is free to act, but he doesn't consider TM an enemy.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Daniel decides that riding out the fight in TM's stomach might not be glorious, but would be survivable, and heals himself as he dimly watches the events on the Prime.

(SLA: Cure Moderate Wounds, MEA none)

OOC: I don't have my book handy, but I think Daniel has CMW at will and no stronger healing spell. I also figure he's bright enough to probably figure he was in an antimagic field while TM was facing him and that's why he spells popped back in.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: Daniel has Cure Serious Wounds three times a day. He has aid at will.

Unfortunately, he will need to dismiss the minor globe of invulnerability component of his protective aura first. That will take a standard action.

I forgot to say that TM landed at 20N0E when he transferred Daniel to his mouth, so that's where both of them are at now. (Daniel is technically no longer in a grapple, so he is more towards the center of TM's square at 30N10E.)

Any change in Daniel's strategy before TM takes his turn in round 578?

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC: Ah, interesting caveat, that. In that case, new plan.

Daniel plummets 90ft down into the earth of the arena, swiftly becoming entirely unable to perceive what is going on above.

(MEA: from 30N10E to 30N10E-90Z, Std: drop minor globe of invulnerability aspect of aura)

Since he can't perceive what's going on above, I'll go ahead and post his next moves too.

Next+1: (MEA: from 30N10E-90Z to 30N70E-115Z, Std: Cure Moderate Wounds)
Next+2: (MEA: from 30N70E-15Z to 70N70E-115Z, Std: Cure Moderate Wounds)

And so forth, keeping moving down there at the bottom of the arena until the draw is called. After using up his CWM's, he'll reactive his minor globe, then activate a holy aura.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: Wow, what a chicken! ;)

A draw occurs in the middle of round 582. Musteval 4 disappears, and Dino is charmed, but no longer held at 95N55E with 224 hp.

Next for NG in round 582 is a leonal (guardinal). (MM)

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Leon steps in and with a gesture throws up a wall of force between him and Dino.

(Free: Activate Protective Aura, MEA: to 40N40E, Std: SLA Wall of Force from 110N35E to 45N100E)

OOC: Note that I've made the wall a strict diagonal to keep us from going insane keeping track of it. The invisble wall is 10" high and will exist for 10 rounds.

Remove ads