NG vs. N: Neutral Good Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
Greybar said:
I'll be curious to look at see how other alignments dealt with the thing after the fight.

Other alignments do not have to deal with it. Neutral has so many creatures that it was divided into eight teams, with the monsters randomly distributed into the eight arenas as evenly as possible by challenge rating.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Ah, I had wondered about that, and why I hadn't see hydras earlier. Well, I hope that luck deals them some other fun ones then.
Did I mention I really liked my poor doomed deva? :(

Infiniti2000

First Post
Greybar said:
Ah, I had wondered about that, and why I hadn't see hydras earlier. Well, I hope that luck deals them some other fun ones then.
There were more than enough hydras to go around, believe you me. Everyone got a taste of them and the only hydras to be defeated, methinks, are those that were confused and/or afraid and ran out. All the others obtained draws. I'd like to see a colossal scorpion take on an 11-headed hydra personally.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Oh, while we're at it. Although I feel bad for Daniel and probably the next few creatures that NG throws into the arena, be glad you didn't have to face the Omnimental. LN was awarded that little bucket o' joy. ;)

PJSlavner

Explorer
One hydra was killed by a fire shield. That spell-like ability is still in the Hall of Fame. Another hydra was disintegrated by a pyroclastic dragon. Those are the only two hydra deaths that I can think of, off-hand.

Regarding the omnimental: I had noticed it before when I was looking something else up, and my first thought was, "Please do not put this in the Mechanus Arena."

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: I definitely agree about the picture. Very cool! :)

Mustevals 1 through 3 pop up, see TM, and run out of the spell's range. They disappear. (Highest Will save 21)

Musteval 4 sticks around (natural 20 Will save), but his missile has no effect. (13 SR check)

Daniel does not escape (Grp checks 17 vs. 58 & 24 vs. 49).

TM transfers Daniel from its claw to its mouth and chomps down for 17 points of damage.

Daniel has 56 hp.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Gansk said:
17 vs. 58
Ouch!
Gansk said:
24 vs. 49
Uh oh!

The spectators gather around the viewing screens for the Elysium arena. The Hades and Abyssal arenas, normally a big attraction due to the large amount of bloodshed and carnage, currently holds no candle to the astral dreadnought. Bets are placed on whether the dreadnought can even finish off the entire remaining cadre of NG combatants.

Remove ads