NG vs. N: Neutral Good Victorious!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
You know I really need to get out of that habit, particularly since I work in an engineering field...
But needless to say that's the old D&D "scale inches", aka 10 feet.

But yes, there are a number of creatures who could climb a 10ft wall easily, or squeeze past the gap I've left at either end too. Of course, the wall is also invisible...

PJSlavner

Explorer
Round 583

A gargantuan mound of fetid flesh with patches of hair, fur, and skin, glorps into the arena to 80N80E and smacks Dino with a pseudopod for 20 points of damage. Dino has 204 HP remaining.

Dino smacks the fetid pile with his tail (rolled 34) for 32 points of damage. The fetid pile is not stunned, but is down to 175 HP.

Leon is next in round 583.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC: Unfortunately, the only potential "buff" for the Leonal is to polymorph into something different.

Leon smiles a toothy smile. The force wall was working very well to control the fight. He was sorely tempted to launch a fireball over to catch both of them, but patience is a virtue that even leonals must exercise at times. His form shifted into a birdlike shape, and lifted into the air to watch.

(Std: Polymorph into an Avoral, MEA: to 40N40E45Z)

Gansk

Explorer
PJSlavner said:
Round 583

A gargantuan mound of fetid flesh with patches of hair, fur, and skin, glorps into the arena to 80N80E.

There is still a 20 foot strip of spikes bordering the east side of the arena, courtesy of Autumn (as far as I know). Did that do anything to Fleshie?

Infiniti2000

First Post
Leon could wall of force at 120e and then the Neutrals couldn't even enter. Does that work? In any case, flying up above the wall doesn't seem like a good idea. You're presenting a target that doesn't require going through your best protection. Unless you're attacking, why do it? ;)

Gansk

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
Leon could wall of force at 120e and then the Neutrals couldn't even enter. Does that work?

Technically that manuever is legal, but is not advised. If a creature can't enter the arena, then it has not left the arena and cannot be defeated. You have a case of eternal draws.

You might think that it will work in your favor if you have more monsters, but Neutral still has the option to send in its general, which means draws = losses for you. The end result is a lose-lose situation.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
OOC:
Note that Leon can only make 100 ft of force wall (at 10ft high), so he couldn't block it all off now if he wanted to.

There are also burrowing and flying things, of course, and to some degree I think we'll see increasing flexibility of opponents. While it may not match the general cast of Neutral creatures, when the more polar alignments get involved in their final rounds I wouldn't be surprised at disintegrate being tossed around too.

But I think we'll also see more and more ability to shape the arena to control the flow of combat as we get into higher CRs...

But back to watching the (hopeful) slaughter of both sides of neutrals at each other's hands.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Greybar said:
OOC:Note that Leon can only make 100 ft of force wall (at 10ft high), so he couldn't block it all off now if he wanted to.
It just takes two rounds, what with wall of force at will. :)

Can you stack 'em?

Remove ads