NPC classes in Iron Heroes Beastery

Wait. IH PCs get base Will saves equal to their IH character level. I wouldn't boost those up any further. If you're going to import them into Iron Kingdoms, they shouldn't get any magic items or significant non-magic treasure. That's the balance. That said, if your players are likely to complain at an NPC that gets more attacks, I agree, leave out Cleave 5. Cleave 3 however is Great Cleave basically. They would never notice Cleave 2.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Varianor Abroad said:
Wait. IH PCs get base Will saves equal to their IH character level. I wouldn't boost those up any further.
Being a villain class, the Champion and Demon Knight have actual saving throw progressions rather than IH PC craziness. ;) :cool:
A Champion's will save goes from +1 (plus wis of +1) at CR 3 to +6 (plus wis of +3) at CR 20. While comparable to the Fighter's will save, a +2 to +9 Will save is pretty weak against most D&D power-level casters, especially since the Champion isn't issued any Cloaks of Resistance. Nothing ruins a big encounter faster than "Will save or lose! DC 36." "I only have a +9... I guess I lose." When using a Champion, I recommend either increasing his base will save or giving him items / feats that do the same.
The Demon Knight's saves all go from +4 to +9, and its Wisdom goes from a 12 to an 18, giving it a will save of +13 as a CR 15 baddie. Acceptable.

Remove ads