• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NPC classes in Iron Heroes Beastery

Wait. IH PCs get base Will saves equal to their IH character level. I wouldn't boost those up any further. If you're going to import them into Iron Kingdoms, they shouldn't get any magic items or significant non-magic treasure. That's the balance. That said, if your players are likely to complain at an NPC that gets more attacks, I agree, leave out Cleave 5. Cleave 3 however is Great Cleave basically. They would never notice Cleave 2.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Varianor Abroad said:
Wait. IH PCs get base Will saves equal to their IH character level. I wouldn't boost those up any further.
Being a villain class, the Champion and Demon Knight have actual saving throw progressions rather than IH PC craziness. ;) :cool:
A Champion's will save goes from +1 (plus wis of +1) at CR 3 to +6 (plus wis of +3) at CR 20. While comparable to the Fighter's will save, a +2 to +9 Will save is pretty weak against most D&D power-level casters, especially since the Champion isn't issued any Cloaks of Resistance. Nothing ruins a big encounter faster than "Will save or lose! DC 36." "I only have a +9... I guess I lose." When using a Champion, I recommend either increasing his base will save or giving him items / feats that do the same.
The Demon Knight's saves all go from +4 to +9, and its Wisdom goes from a 12 to an 18, giving it a will save of +13 as a CR 15 baddie. Acceptable.

Remove ads