• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OCC] Against the Slavelords PBP

Forged Fury

First Post
Just a note: Brak has advantage on his initiative check. Not sure if it matters. Braggi seems to be rolling much better than Brak. He hasn't missed yet for sure and has at least one crit. Plus he will apparently be doing more damage.

Round Four
Attack w/Advantage: [roll0], [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] <- +2 for raging, which I neglected to include.

Forged Fury

First Post
Forgot the other two attacks for Round 5...

[roll0], [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Brak would probably use his Javelin of Lightning if it looked like he was going to die.

GreenKarl

First Post
Combat Results (update in IC in one second)

Round One - Braggi goes first and Rages, and take a Reckless Attack Action, but as Brak is dodging as his action, he is at disadvantage so it cancel it out...
Brak missed with first attack, hit with second for 11 damage

Round Two Braggi goes fist and hits twice but Brak is now raging and has Resistance so half damage, for 5 and 5 damage (total down 21)
Brak his both times vs. Braggi who is also raging and has Resistance for half damage and takes 7 and 3 points (total down 10)

Round Three Braggi hits both times, the second attack is a crit which added +11 damage to his roll (1/2 for resistance), so hit for 5 and hit for 10 (Brak is now down 36)
Brak hits both times for 7 and 7 damage (Braggi is now down 24)

Round Four, Braggi hits both times for 5 and 5 (Brak is now down 46), if you wanted to switch to your Lighting Javelin now you can or you can take your attack rolls to hit Braggi. I will stop the IC here...

EDIT - I forgot your Resistance applies vs. the Critical Hit also so you are down 46 hit points at the top of round 4...

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Wait... for Braggi to hit Brak for 16 points of damage, he would have had to have done 32 points of raw damage. The crit added 11, but that leaves 21 points of raw damage he would have had to have done. A greataxe does 12 damage max, so he has +9 to damage from somewhere? I'm just checking the math here. It probably doesn't matter because I am rolling really poorly, but I wanted to check.

I have to throw it. Normally, I would try to shove him, but since he is raging and stronger than I am, that is clearly not a good idea. So I'll throw it, which cancels out my advantage and imposes disadvantage. I'm not sure if I have that Inspiration point or not (since I already used one), but if so, I'll use it to cancel out the disadvantage.

[roll0] (or worse of [roll1] if disadvantage applies)
[roll2] piercing +[roll3] lightning

Remove ads