• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OCC] Against the Slavelords PBP

Forged Fury

First Post
Oh, I guess I get two attacks, so the first would be stabbing him with the javelin before throwing it.

Attack: [roll0], [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

20 Rolls, no crits.

GreenKarl

First Post
Yes sorry I edited my post because I forget your Resistance also applies to the critical hits, sorry about that... and yes you had Two Inspiration Points (one left right now).

I re-read reckless attack and it looks like it only applies to melee weapon attacks so you would have to have a disadvantage to throw the javelin. But it transforms it affects everyone in a 5ft wide space. If you hit them they take javelin damage +4d6 lightning damage. If you miss them or anyone along the path makes a DC 13 Dex save for 1/2 damage the 4d6 damage but not the base javelin.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Yeah, there's always the confusion about whether "melee weapon attacks" means any attack with melee weapons (including a thrown javelin) or just attacks made in melee. The experiment at using "natural language" was kind of disastrous with 5E in some cases. I think your ruling makes the most sense. So I used the inspiration point to eliminate the disadvantage, which leaves a 24 to hit. Not that it matters all that much, there's no way I will get close to doing enough damage to drop him, unless he has a hilariously low CON, unlikely for a dwarf. I hold out hope it is surprisingly low given he has an 18 STR.

Last edited:

BlueLotus

Explorer
Hmm. I'm hoping talking to these guys would get us more useful information on our quest than just interrogating them/searching the place.

One more shot at the civil way. Otherwise, yeah... it's getting time to start being more direct. I'll roll persuasion first in case I just biff it completely.

Persuasion check
[roll0]

GreenKarl

First Post
So on Round 4, you hit and hit Braggi, doing 4 with the first hit and with the javelin you do 3 +12 lightning damage (not resistant to this damage; Braggi is now down 43)

Round 5, Braggi hit with both attacks doing 5 and 5 damage (Brak is now down 52)
Brak hits for 3 points and misses with the second attack (Braggi is now down 46)

darn it did the rolls wrong

Forged Fury

First Post
8, based on GreenKarl's tracking.

ETA: Eh, likely none now. Oh well...

I guess if he somehow rolls two 1s for damage, I may still have a HP left, but I doubt it.

ETA: Which attack did I miss with? The 14 and 12 pair? I guess Braggi was strictly better than me. Oh well, it happens.

GreenKarl

First Post
Yes Brak takes two more hits for 5 and 5 and drops to 0, updating IC (Oh an I messed up the damage as I was doing the "averages" but for some reason I got his base damage as 11 instead of 12. Its not a big deal as Brak would not have dropped any sooner...

===
Here is the bloodboar... now what happens next or if Tirion or someone else wants to try something sneaking.

Braggi Bloodboar

Medium humanoid (mountain dwarf), chaotic evil
Armor Class: 16 (unarmed defense + bracers of defense)
Hit Points: 48 (5d12+15)
Speed: 25ft
STR 18 (+4), DEX 12 (+1), CON 17 (+3), INT 9 (-1), WIS 11 (+), CHA 9 (-1)
Saves: STR +7, CON +6
Senses passive perception 10, darkvision 60ft
Multiattack: Braggi makes two melee attacks
Rage: While raging Braggi has advantage on Strength check and Strength saving throws. He gains +2 rage bonus to damage and he has resistance to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing damage.
Reckless: At the start of his turn, Braggi can gain advantage on melee weapon attacks rolls that turn but attack rolls against him have advantage until the start of his next turn.
ACTIONS
Great Axe: Melee weapon attack +7 to hit, reach 5ft, Hit: 11 (1d12+6)

Remove ads