[October] What Are You Reading?

Tav_Behemoth

First Post
Wombat said:
Oh, and finished The Club Dumas and Phil Rickman's The Cure of Souls recently.

I got Club Dumas for my birthday, yay! Currently finishing the Book of Jhereg by Steven Brust first, and then I reckon I'll actually read Three Musketeers first.

CCamfield

First Post
Finally I am reading my copy of Midnight Tides. (Steven Erikson) Not as grim as his previous books, some actual humour even, but I really like it!

Also partway through re-reading Lattimore's translation of the Odyssey and a book about the epic, called The Odyssey Re-formed.

Justinian

First Post
Well, I blew through Pratchett's latest, Going Postal, last evening. I thought it was incredible. I can't remember the last Discworld novel I enjoyed so much. It's definitely better than last year's, Monstrous Regiment.

Currently reading: Gates of Fire, by Steven Pressfield. It's a historical fiction about Thermopylae and the Spartans. Also rereading Gardens of the Moon, with frequent references back to Midnight Tides.

In the queue: Furies of Calderon, by Jim Butcher. Dog Warrior, by Wen Spencer. Jaguar Knights, by Dave Duncan. Banner of Souls, by Liz Williams. I'll probably also work through the rest of the Malazan books again over the next month or so.

And on October 15, I will be reading The Runes of the Earth, by Stephen R. Donaldson. I have high hopes for this book, considering as I'm one of those who enjoyed the previous Covenant trilogies.

Altalazar

First Post
I will be reading The System of the World by Neal Stephenson as soon as it arrives from Amazon this week. I also have the latest Dark Tower coming with it, though I need to re-read that from the beginning (it has been many years) and I've not read 5 or 6, either.

Galethorn

First Post
A Clash of Kings by George R R Martin. I'm enjoying it just as much as A Game of Thrones, which I read in the last couple of weeks.

Remove ads