[October] What are you reading?

kingpaul

First Post
I just finished Eragon and Eldest, and read the 1st book in the Honor Harrington series before that. I'm still waiting on my library to get book 2 of the Honor Harrington series.

Lazybones

Adventurer
Been reading a lot this month. Just finished The Afghan Campaign by Steven Pressfield about an hour ago; Pratchett's Jingo before that, and Dead Beat, book 7 in Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files series. I have Butcher's #8 on deck, and then McCullough's 1776 in my queue for after that.

After that, I may need to go to my library Web site and key in some of the titles other have recommended here. That Novik series does look interesting.

Graybeard

Explorer
I just started reading The Venus Throw by Steven Saylor. It is a Roman murder mystery. I have read several of his books an duse them as source material and inspiration for my campaign.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Graybeard said:
I just started reading The Venus Throw by Steven Saylor. It is a Roman murder mystery. I have read several of his books an duse them as source material and inspiration for my campaign.

What year is it set in?

*edit* Found it - 56 B.C. :)

KaosDevice

Explorer
I just finished Pattern Recognition by Gibson and completely loved it. I would highly reccomend it.

Not sure what is up next, I'll have to scan back through the thread for ideas.

:)

kingpaul

First Post
KaosDevice said:
I just finished Pattern Recognition by Gibson and completely loved it. I would highly reccomend it.
I tried to read that when that was the ENW Book Club pick. I couldn't get through it. I'm not sure why it didn't intrigue me, but it didn't.

Remove ads