Off to War (always recruiting) OCC Year 2:

Axel

First Post
Revised. Feel free to proceed with whatever nefarious schemes you are all devising. I will continue trying to sound drunk while writing. :)

jackslate45

First Post
HM, can you do a Know Nobles roll for me once we meet your surprise? Or did you want me to roll it after the meeting?

and I have to say this has to be the most I have ever used Know Nobles...

Zerith

First Post
Um, Hero? your character knows Ritter and Sef, he dose not need to size them up he (from what I know) came to rem with them :-S

And I get that Alex is talking a lot, but I don't see how he is doing something like self worship; at most he is being narcissistic, but even then we're talking at the end of his monolog, not from start to finish, sure he is self important, btu that is a given with nobles. :erm:

Also, its a standing rule in the RP, most for that matter, that named NPCs are not to be controlled by players: Ritter and Sef have name tags and ain't acting, too much, like red shirts. I'm not saying that's not how their going to react, only that it is not your, or my, call. ;)

Axel

First Post
I wouldn't get too hung up on it Zerith. I've known many people for years and am still surprised by their reaction to ummm.....confronting situation. These are also fairly intelligent people (that I know in RL). Ritter and Sef don't strike me as much above average intelligence. Wisdom, maybe, but not Intelligence. :)

Alexander's actions (well, words, really) do approach self love. At least by my interpretation. He is "clearly" a very superficial and shallow person (not meant insultingly...he just doesn't seem to give 2 brass buttons about other people, which is fine). He is a pretty confronting and intimidating character, who grates against my RL personality. If I met him in the real world (magic stuff not withstanding) I couldn't help but dislike him. I am trying not to let this influence my game play, but it may come through. If it does, I apologise in advance.

I can almost guarantee though, that he will be described in derogatory terms by Alden at some stage. Alden has no love for the big freaky fella, and no reason to trust him. If and when I do write something like that, rest assured I am not attempting to "puppet" your PC...just writing my character's impression of events.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Experience June 16th - June 30th

Code:
Player                      XP
ghostcat                   425
Fangor the Fierce          220
jackslate45                300
Dragonwriter               650
Zerith                     195
Axel                       195
Herobizkit                 105
Well it has been another great year for this game. I finally am about to get to the "meat" of the story in Key to Victory (do you know how long I have been waiting to do this LOL). In To Con the Con-man I am going to get you all on track with the adventure name, ;) soon as you meet the con-man.

I will be setting up a new OOC tomorrow morning and will be going through the long process of finding all the questions and my answers in this and the other OOC for linking. Mostly rules and things I have let into the game. Just seems it is getting large and I need to be able to keep track.

A big thanks to all of you for helping make this a great game.

I hope you are having as much fun as I am.

HM

Axel

First Post
Grrr....HM posted while I was reading/writing... Congratulations on completing a second year. How many adventure paths have you run now?

Damnit the suspense of how you're going to resolve the dice-off in TCtCM is killing me...

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
What?? :erm::confused:

It is resolved I used your rolls to push the game ahead. Just need to know what the guardsman were going to do. Alex intimidated and diplomacy'ed them into not starting a bar fight.

And Alden learned all there is to know about Rem (which is not much - typical village).

And Tio got nothing in the skills department but a little Divine Inspiration to try and help.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
AP's ran and completed = Zero ( I am currently running counting Off to War as an AP seven and about to start an eighth).

Adventures/modules run to completion? Twelve with another one due to end (giving me thirteen yikes :eek:) soon.

And in that time I have had more than a few games peter out.

- Hey DW remember the Drow of the Underdark game where you had a four armed totem warrior??

All and all since I have no RL game I have been running and learning a lot these past three years.

Reminds me I need a few players to hop into my Age of Worms AP (cleric or rogue) Pathfinder converted - you up for another game Axel?

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
And in that time I have had more than a few games peter out.

Haven't we all? :p

Hey DW remember the Drow of the Underdark game where you had a four armed totem warrior??

Yep. I've still got that build sitting around and I want to run it properly one day... Sadly, not many folks seem to use both Tome of Battle AND Magic of Incarnum... The latter is just too obscure. :(

Axel

First Post
What?? :erm::confused:

It is resolved I used your rolls to push the game ahead. Just need to know what the guardsman were going to do. Alex intimidated and diplomacy'ed them into not starting a bar fight.

And Alden learned all there is to know about Rem (which is not much - typical village).

And Tio got nothing in the skills department but a little Divine Inspiration to try and help.

HM

Buggeration...I have a slow computer AND a slow internet connection. Reading now... All forgiven (on my part) for the playing of Alden. :)

My current RL game is on 3 month hiatus due to large number of people (including the DM) on holidays. I miss being a righteous cleric and smiting good-doe...errr...evil doers. Yes, smiting evil doers... So, I'd be happy to take a look at your Age of Worms game with a view to taking on the cleric role. Any chance you could PM me the important links?

Remove ads