Off to War (always recruiting) OCC Year 2:

Axel

First Post
TCtCM - left you guys open for RP but will move the thread along if you wish.

For my $0.02, am waiting for [MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION]. If there's nothing from him tomorrow I'll have Alden wander off and chat up the bar girl. Nothing wrong with "harmless" side-quests, right? :)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not at all HB is usually very heavy into RP and on everyday so I was thinking you all would post up with np.

Probably that RL monster. TCtCM is set to be pushed forward after tomorrows XP are given out. So side quest might be put on hold (but could be started).

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Experience June 1st - June 15th

Code:
Player                 XP
Axel                   180
Herobizkit             150
Zerith                 220
ghostcat               400
Fangor the Fierce      340
Dragonwriter           400
jackslate45            285

Advancing threads then off to bed...

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Been busy (RL) everyone sorry for the delay. Will give FtF till tomorrow to post up.

If he can't I will roll for him and then advance the thread.

HM

Zerith

First Post
Axel, if you've ever seen mister burns from the Simpsons you've seen someone tent their hands (also, it would seem I’ve been caling the hand jester by the wrong name o_O; )
[If you have not seen mister Burns and have not goodled him yet: the palms are separated, the tips of the fingers and thumbs touching their counter parts, the fingers fully extended and pointed upwards; this hand jester is commonly held just below the chin or in front of the face, flaunted; interrogators use this hand jester a lot.]

Also, my mistake aside, Alex’s hands ARE NOT below the table. Role playing 101, Unless a Player says their character did something other players CANNOT say the character did: I’ve made no mention of Alexander’s hands ever being below the table, admittedly I’ve not been animating him as much as I could or should, but still, this does not give you the privilege to make him do things (even more so when he is posturing and your adjusting his poster by dictating were his hands are)
I should have noted his elbows were on the table but still, as a rule of thumb, unless someone who is making a hand jester says their hands are below a table, or otherwise out of sight (where is pointless to bother making a hand jesters in the first place) they’re in plain sight; in plain sight is not hidden below the table or in pockets. And again, I never said anything about pockets, nor Alexander pouting his hands in them.

I know you did not exactly say “Alexander did X” but you heavily impaled it and if this assumption of yours is built on it will simply gut Alexander’s character, he is a noble, and odd one yes, but still a noble.
Sorry if I came off harsh, but it’s a pet peeve of min; I loathe it when someone makes my character do, or implies that they did, something they would not do. the idea I was trying to get off, and that he was, is that he is scheming something up and briefly letting a 'valuable' piece of information he did not have work into his plans.
This is not remotely similar to any thing Alden seems to think; and before you use the mumbling card, simply looking at a girl and lusting at her with creepy eyes, is also not remotely the same; same action, but no sane person would say their at all similar in practice.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
[MENTION=99953]Zerith[/MENTION]
My apologies for painting your character into a corner. You are entirely correct in that you haven't described what Alexander is doing with his hands. For some reason, my mental image of the scene in the bar has Alexander sitting with his hands in his lap except for when he takes a drink.

Since Alden's mental process is entirely irrelevant to the plot development, only tangentially relevant to character development and bordering on unnecessarily rude in any case, with HM's permission I'll delete the offending paragraph.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
NP Axel it does get confusing sometimes in pbp. Your are allowed to assume some actions for NPCs but not PCs. Glad you tried for a little character development it will be hit and miss till we play these characters awhile.

HM

Remove ads