Off to War (always recruiting) OCC Year 2:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thanks FtF I thought so to, and what about that "barbaric" hair style and the tattoos could be symbols from your dragon patron or something. A mark to say to other dragon's this vassal is mine.

Just add it to your RG post if you like.

And how's the new background coming I still haven't given you background XP as I will wait for the add-on.

HM

Gondsman

Explorer
not to get too technical, but just how many archers are there. Far as I can tell there are 100, that means that dispersed on the ground around marko's previous position and the barrier are no more than 900 arrows (135pounds) so i have to wonder why this barrier, if it offers any protection at all, is collapsing with maybe a 100 pounds of arrows dispersed along it's 75 foot length, that's only 2 pounds max per foot of length.

So if the barricade can't handle that much weight, how does it hold itself up, and will it provide any protection at all when the melee ensues?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sorry Gondsman this is one of those fantasy things you will have to imagine (and the wall is only 40' long, and 10'high)

HM

Frozen Messiah

First Post
How heavy is the wall? would...oh, lets say, 40 people be able to hold it above their heads? and if by chance they could hold it woud the other barriers be able to be moved to block the front of the newly carried barrier?

Gondsman

Explorer
Key:
l l one square equals 15'x15'
l l forest line
l l Treylor ranks (archers are in the tree lines using them for cover)
l [ l barricades two on sides are 20' long and 5' high, main one is 45' long and 10' high
By my calculations that is 85 feet long (more than my original estimate.

What you mean is that this is one of those "fudging it" things to manipulate the situation because you need to change something. so, are the barriers going to do us any good in melee or not?

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Why doesn't someone just rotate the wall section they are holding, adjacent person sunder the arrow shafts, then rotate it back? If readied, it could be a quick 1 round action to do the whole process. I believe someone here has a spiked chain, that could do it in 10 foot sections.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
where to start:

there are three walls total

two are 20' x 5' on each side (not connected and moveable)
the main one is the 45' x 10'

the main wall is mostly doors from buildings and the manor fitted together by boards and it stays up do to some fence postings put in the ground.

This wall was erected in about 1/2 an hour (maybe less time) by nervous villiagers in a rush, so it isn't the greatest thing ever built.

In melee the two smaller walls on the flanks may be fought across and will provide cover for both sides. And the main wall will provide total cover to each side. So the enemy will have to go around the wall to engage you.

And no I'm not manipulating cuze I need to change something I just thought it better the wall fall away from the villiagers now instead of on top of them when the Treylor line pounded into it.

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Why doesn't someone just rotate the wall section they are holding, adjacent person sunder the arrow shafts, then rotate it back? If readied, it could be a quick 1 round action to do the whole process. I believe someone here has a spiked chain, that could do it in 10 foot sections.

Neat idea. But the spiked chain (wielded by me, so even farther from the center wall section) cannot Sunder, according to the rules. In order to Sunder, you must be wielding a melee Slashing or Bludgeoning weapon, while my chain deals Piercing damage.

And Gondsman, this shows why you should have followed orders. :p

Gondsman

Explorer
so do we have the option of pushing it over on the treylor at the last minute before they crash into it? say a readied action?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Now your thinking yes that is possible but you will need to keep it from falling prematurely first I will think of the check and DC and update the IC tonight.

HM

Remove ads