Off to War (always recruiting) OCC Year 2:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
FROM post#207 BaHM:

A fine leather belt with a short blade and dagger still in their scarrabs clunks on the table.

FROM post#228 BaHM:

Vance takes the elf's weapons and hands the dagger to Robert, the sword to Marko and the bow to Claude.

Ok so Marko should have a masterwork short sword somewhere on him. ;)

HM

Deskjob

First Post
This is why I love you

Wow. I must be blind. Thanks for clearing that up. I totally didn't see any of that. Haha. See HolyMan, this is why I love you. Even though your running a million threads all at once, your not above chasing down an elusive dozen words.

You Rock!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
NP Deskjob I just thought a back-up weapon with an additional +1 to hit would be nice. And I know what it's like to miss something here in pbp I will do better to make sure I get my intent across from now on.

Thanks ML :D yes Off to War is my #1 thread it does and always will get 110% of my time and effort. I hope to bring this to a full conculsion and beable to look back at it and say "That was fun!" :p

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
I hope to bring this to a full conculsion and beable to look back at it and say "That was fun!" :p

HM

Which will probably take some time, especially considering it's been a year and we're only now facing an advance raiding/skirmish division. And I expect to hang on for dear life on the crazy ride. ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thanks DW glad you will. Yes wait till a reall battle with mages on both sides, :devil:

While searching for a darkspawn picture I fond this maybe FtF can use it.

HM

Attachments

• Dragon Shaman.jpg
    Dragon Shaman.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 498

Dragonwriter

First Post
Darkspawn??? Please tell me you won't be throwing stuff like them at us any time soon... :eek: (Side note: HATE the Emissaries!)

I recently picked up the PC game and finished it the first time (yeah, yeah, late to the party. I buy games late and cheap :p)... Broodmother creeped me out.

But that's a pretty neat pic of a warrior.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
No DW I was looking for darkspawn for the DARP (Dragon Age RolePlay) game VV had me start. Some of the players don't have the rules so I at least want a few pics of the creatures for them. I found Blight wolves.

I too buy games late and have looked at Dragon Age and it's add-on. But I like games where you make a party and adventure (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale) and the like more.

I do plan on sending everyone(in OtW) to the abyss or to one of the planes of hell so watch for that (at the apporiaporte level of course).

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ick, Blight Wolves... They can be really vicious. If the book-RPG version of them gets Overwhelm, expect players to cry. :p I hated it whenever the stupid animals just rushed my heavy warriors, knocked them to the ground and started tearing my warrior's throat out, with everyone else getting a similar treatment. Ugh...

If you're on the fence about it, definitely give it some thought. I loved it (but then, I'm also a major BioWare fan, since I picked up KOTOR 1 about 5 years ago... Played through Mass Effect 1 and 2 and now DA:O, can't get enough). Great story, excellently-written characters (get the Stone Prisoner DLC, it is awesome) and brutal combat. It doesn't fall into a hack-and-slash grindfest like a lot of console/PC RPGs can. Simple fights can turn bad really quickly, and most/all require some tactical thinking. There were times I nearly smashed my keyboard and mouse during certain boss fights, but I kept playing. The visuals are really good, too. The Archdemon in particular... Nothing quite like a twisted, demonic dragon to strike fear into your heart. :devil:

Which reminds me... I gotta toss some half-fiend dragons at my high-level online group one of these days... *cue evil DM laugh*

Remove ads