Off to War (always recruiting) OCC Year 2:

Spade

First Post
I have no idea if this helps, but there's prestige classes in the DMG. Just looking through it I see an Arcane Archer, Arcane Trickster (Which seems to be a magical thief?), and so on.

jackslate45

First Post
With Militia, you can hit Eldritch Knight at level 6 (5 Wizard /1 EK), instead of 7 like normal (5 Wizard/1 Fighter/1EK). You mathematically cannot get EK sooner that 6.

Zerith

First Post
Ja, I think I'm going to go F, W, W, W, W, W, W, EK, EK, EK, etc (yes, that is 6 levels of Wizard)
Combat wis, he is going to be, very, quick and deliver a lot of touch spells while getting into position to use charm.sugestion; so by in large alot of low level spells (anything that can be, will be quickened o_O; ) but ya, with out the touch spells he is going to hit really really lightly. (Str 9, who hoo....)

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Yes its so I can avoid paying double, which might be a bit cheeky. Basically I need an 8 Hide, 8 Spot to enter my desired PRC - Unseen Seer - at 6th level. The rest of the ones I want are so that Aver keeps his roguish skills in hand.

Maybe I could throw his rogue proficiencies on the fire in order to retain the desired class skills?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
So your saying you need eight Ranks? Which would be charatcer lvl 5.

You know from what you say about Aver learning things easily like he does he might just benefit from Able Learner. But as soon as you take another lvl in rogue you could get enough points to send those ranks to eight each, so really I see no problem.

Right now I think we need to back track a bit and see what we had done at lvl 1 and were planning to do at lvl2.

And then decide on the build and go from there. Knowing what features you might get and what you will need would greatly help in deciding on what to swap and or not.

HM

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
I'm not planning on taking another level of rogue, and Able Learner is human only I believe, certainly not available to elves sadly - a version of it would do the job nicely.

At 1st I

• gave up a feat for a familiar
  • gave up light armor proficiency - and maybe rogue weapon profs for cantrips.
Otherwise straight rogue.

This level I am hoping to

• take a level of the Elf Generalist sub class - info posted in the RG.
  • trade redundant summon familiar for point-blank shot.
  • regain light armor proficiency and rogue weapon profs then trade for Practiced Spellcaster and maybe for a limited version of Able Learner?

Zerith

First Post
Hmm, I might toss in some Duelist levels after he tops off EK. :3
If we start out able to use a Familiar, do we have to pay the 100GP to summon it? if not I'll revise the list a tad.

First level:
[FONT=&quot]Class skill Climb for Diplomacy
Class skill Handle Animal for Gather information
Class skill Swim for Apprise
Class skill Jump for Bluff
Class skill Ride for Sense motive
Light Armor Prof. for [sblock=Master Linguist] Each time you gain a level, including the level at which you select this feat, you learn a new language (as if you had spent 1 skill point on the Speak Language skill).[/sblock]
Medium Armor Prof. for Persuasive
Heavy Armor Prof. for [sblock=Able Learner] All skill ranks cost 1 skill point for you to purchase, even if the skill is cross-class for you. The maximum number of ranks you can purchase in a cross-class skill remains the same. This feat does not affect the skill point cost to learn a language or to gain literacy (for a barbarian or other illiterate character). [/sblock]
Tower Shield Prof. for Arcane catnips, as per wizard
Heavy Shield Prof. for Weapon Finesse
Light Shield Prof. for Skill Focus Diplomacy
[/FONT][wooo, long list o_O; ]

Second level:
[FONT=&quot]Trade redundant Arcane catnips[/FONT] for Combat Casting
Trade redundant Class skill Craft for ... I realy have no clue XD

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Shield Proficiency covers light and heavy shields. I am assuming you would only get one feat for replacing Shield Proficiency.

Plus, am I seeing 5 feats as first level character? Seems a bit high to me. Where is the growth that we are accustomed to seeing with characters leveling?

Spade

First Post
Uh, you realize that not having Light Armor means that absolutely ANY armor you wear will give a ACP to combat and stuff in addition to the ACP that's always on Skill Checks?

I mean, go for it, but I'm just pointing it out if you didn't realize.

Zerith

First Post
Not five at level one, nine, there is an other 3 4 from level one, Human, fighter and hose rule, so yah ^^;

That said, only picking up one combative feat: The other four is a case of him being able to be a big mouthed noble and even then he is only going to have one skill above the 8 mark, Diplomacy, and it is going to be a 10 as is. the kicker, 5 of the feats he is getting here are focused on him rambling on and on. If I just wanted to cheese him, he would be cleaving off heads with a rapier XD

As for none tower shields only counting as one feat: interesting. Good to know, might have to give up focus. :3

As for armor; ya, I know, but I figure he is not really going to be using it because of the fail chance, and it would be awkward for him to go from being armored to being unarmored latter on. Also, "Masterwork Magic Clothing" Clothing with a Enchantment bonus to armor! Because you know the snotty nobles got them :D

and as for not having shields: Abjuration [force] + shield = Nuff said :D

That said I'll work with the confines of what I'm allowed :3

Addon: As for the growth part; as it stands he is an average combatant, very quick but still average; with the ability to use a few cat nips, and possibly a familiar depending on if we have to shell out 100GP off bat.
you're not going to see him being able to pull off any great feat, aside from maybe talking the ears off of an ally who is on the wall: he is going to be a bit of a face character, so yesh, trying to make up for the 2 base skill points per a level from his class at level that all most all his classes will have: he is not going to be doing any great feats, except maybe running about quickly in hit and run attacks because he wont be able to stand toe to toe with real melee combatants for a long time.

Last edited:

Remove ads