• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War (always recruiting) OCC Year 2:

Zerith

First Post
Nuuu! Golden fail T_T Teh gold pencil did not like going over previously shaded areas and lost it's luster when I pout it down... then it would not erase.... any ways: just imagine the lime yellowish brown as bright gold >_<
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/Forest_Herder/Drawings/TFKAlexanderRavensworthcolor.jpg
... might have to play around with these pencils to get to know them, because when I used the golden pencil on the test strip it looked like shiny gold, not brown -_-

Spade

First Post
The yellow doesn't even look that bad, though actual gold would definitely look better. I'm actually surprised you didn't do the same thing with the peach(maybe pink-tan?) for his face, since whenever I try to use colored pencils ANY light colors do that stuff to me.

Edit: Apparently "peach" is an acronym that people hate?

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
The term/acronym "peach", particularly used in all caps, was used mainly by homebrewers. It's supposed to mean "Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly."

Some time ago, particularly in the 3rd Edition House Rules forum, lots of folks were using the acronym. It got a bit annoying to some of the folks, largely because we don't really need it here. ENWorld tends to be more welcoming, friendly and honest than the WotC forums (where the acronym saw the most usage, AFAIK).

This little history lesson brought to you by a combined effort from the companies "Knowing Too Much For My Own Good" and "Eyes In Pain From Too Much Marvel Vs. Capcom 3"! :lol:

Spade

First Post
Huh, that seems like a silly thing to even turn into an acronym to be honest. I see a lot of random things get shortened into acronyms and it seems lazy to me, and kinda unhelpful since you can't immediately tell what it means. Eventually we'll get entire paragraphs squished into a few acronyms and language implodes forever. :p

Zerith

First Post
ya, this is a forum, this is not a text were you get charged per a letter or in a game were you will get killed if you take to long typing: long windedness is generally a good thing is forums :3

Zerith

First Post
One red head Down and I do believe the green likes to draw eyes, but the red dos not like being hair so much just yet, and I need to work and doing smooth gradation from sand to tan: also, it came out lighter then it really is, oh well. Still, I like how he came out, expressly the eyes.
Gareth

So yesh, still don't feel like drawing Alexander's face in detail just yet, and the Hydra is flummoxing me, any one else want their character's face to be swiftly summed up by a lazy artiest doodler? :3

Zerith

First Post
talking about that, we could advance Alexander's story line, up to the point after the runner has meat with Alexander and just before Alexander gets to Gareth and Fallon: that way when the runner is sent the story lines can be insistently tied together then Spade posts, (while making a small note that Gareth and Fallon had to wait a moment for Alexander to arrive) with out spending extra real would time waiting to advance the time evenly in both sceens: Gareth and Fallon's scene, as is, only has the summoning of a translator left, and having Fallon send a runner and do a small time skip seems like it would work well to me.

Yesh, I have the attention span of a gold fighy :/

Remove ads