Official D&D Character Sheets Coming In June

One of the four mysterious unnamed D&D products has been revealed! Coming on June 20th, for $9.95, is a folder of official Dungeons & Dragons character sheets. "Inside the pockets of this lavishly illustrated protective folder, you’ll find a full set of fifth edition Dungeons & Dragonscharacter sheets for use in any D&D campaign. This product includes three additional styles of double-sided character sheets giving veteran players options based on their individual play preference and spell sheets for keeping track of their magical repertoire. Also included is an introductory character sheet designed specifically to help ease new players into the game. Fans can use these character sheets to welcome new players to the world’s greatest roleplaying game or choose a variant that fits their preferences."

One of the four mysterious unnamed D&D products has been revealed! Coming on June 20th, for $9.95, is a folder of official Dungeons & Dragons character sheets. "Inside the pockets of this lavishly illustrated protective folder, you’ll find a full set of fifth edition Dungeons & Dragonscharacter sheets for use in any D&D campaign. This product includes three additional styles of double-sided character sheets giving veteran players options based on their individual play preference and spell sheets for keeping track of their magical repertoire. Also included is an introductory character sheet designed specifically to help ease new players into the game. Fans can use these character sheets to welcome new players to the world’s greatest roleplaying game or choose a variant that fits their preferences."

17321DNDCharacterSheetPRODTH2.png

SaveSave

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Except that a simple "5E D&D character sheet" Google search will point you to a heap of options. I think even people new to D&D would know enough to be able to Google that, or a similar relevant term. Or maybe I'm just overestimating the ability of the general population to search for stuff on the Internet.

Given how often I had to Google solutions for people during my time as an IT Help Desk tech, you are overestimating.

Likewise, people like to collect cool stuff or have something neat and official.

This is a neat product. I can't say whether it will sell well, but there is a market for it. Not sure I will buy in, I may check it out at the very least.

Mercule

Adventurer
I don't see anyone in my group buying this, but I may be wrong. We still have one guy who pulls up the basic PDF sheet and prints it off, then pencils everything in. I don't understand, but I don't have to.

If it sells and makes money for WotC, bully for them. It's just not a product that I would guess would have much market.

darjr

I crit!
I think it was Green Ronin who said their best ever selling product was the 3rd ed character portfolio. An industry Insider made a joke about that then Green Ronin shared the sales numbers with him and he promptly changed his tune. Least that's how I remember it. Grain of salt and all that.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I don't think it will sell gangbusters, now that everyone has been trained to download them, but character sheets will definitely sell.

But what do I know? I've only been selling D&D products for 23 years.

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

Barantor

Explorer
I'll probably buy a set of these for my home games.

Not everyone plays with electronic devices folks, so many different ways to play this game is a good thing. Just because it is the old way doesn't make it any less fun.

dagger

Adventurer
I'll probably buy a set of these for my home games.

Not everyone plays with electronic devices folks, so many different ways to play this game is a good thing. Just because it is the old way doesn't make it any less fun.

Only one of us uses electronic devices but we still can print out character sheet for free. Tons on the web...

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Definitely not a priority, considering that I've been using the form-fillable pdf during play, but I might pick up a set as a curiosity when I have the spare cash and nothing else in mind.

Remove ads

Remove ads