OOC 3.5 Savage Tide

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Hi, I was thinking about running the savage tide adventure path by Paizo as it appeared in Dungeon Magazine here, if there's anyone who hasn't played it yet and want's to I'll run it here.

Books: Any official 3.5 books

Ability scores: 30 point buy

Character Level: 12

Gold: Max+500

HP per level: Max at 1st level + con mod, 1/2 HP+ con mod every level thereafter

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
YOU! YOU TRAITORS! Monkey I thought you had left? :lol: And Shayuri leaving my VOTD game because you were "busy"! You weren't busy, you just didn't want to play in my slow game (which i can understand :D)

I'm interested. 3.5 - Check! Never read/played this adventure - check! Now i need levels, books and setting... I was kind of hoping for a level 20 game to pop up but these are so damn taxing on the DM in a PbP that it probably won't be happening any time soon.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
-Levels: lets see.... It will run from 1st to 20th, but I can start you guys anywhere in there,
-Rules: I'd like you to use this for the rules,
-content: in general, it depends on if you're at the beginning, middle or end, but eventually (hopefully) you guys will kill the prince of demons Demegorgon.
-Setting: I'll use the forgotten realms as the setting.
-Pacing: I hope to be able to post most every weekday, if you guys can't that's alright with me.

I will check these threads obsessively this summer, then midday and afternoon in the school year.

Shayuri

First Post
Myth! I suspect your post was tongue and cheek, but just in case there was a kernel of truth in there...

My "busy-ness" level is not static; it changes over time. Thus, simply because I'm eying games now doesn't mean I wasn't able to add another game then. And, for the record, I haven't committed to a Savage Tides game yet either. I just wanted to know more. :)

Myth and Legend

First Post
Hey I'm just teasing :) But thanks for the info!

Wow.. A FR core game sounds like just my thing! Will you be allowing the Forgotten Realms setting book? Or anything else (like Fiend Folio, Vile Darkness, Complete series etc.)? Also, do you have experience as a DM?

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Yes, FR campaign setting will be allowed also the players guide (I think that's what it's called) will be too, but nothing else. I ran a party from 1st to 150th level over many years until I killed them off, if that's counts, I also have run this path many times as well, with my various groups at school. so a fair amount of experience.

I'll put the hook for the first adventure here:

The first savage tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this time of red ruin. Unleashed from the cruel heart of a fell seed known as a shadow pearl, this savage tide swept over an ancient city perched atop the crown of a remote island. The tide transformed beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor into feral, ravenous fiends. The fruits of centuries labor came crumbling down in a matter of days, and when survivors tried to stem the tide by destroying the pearl, the resulting blast of power sunk their city into a boiling lake of death, through it all the Abyssal architect of the savage tide watched, taking pride in the ruin. when the tides final; ripples had faded, what was left became know as the isle of dread.

Now a thousand years later, the true masters of the isle of dread look upon new targets, new cities beyond the horizon, compelled by the hateful will of their demonic lord Demegorgon to prepare for the coming glory. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization waits unknowing on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the incoming tide brings in.

Last edited:

Remove ads