• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
According to my calculations, and based on Kobold Stew's work, characters from the original group get 333.56 gp and Carradoc & Dent get 316.33 gp.

In addition, each character would get 166.66 gp from the guild if we complete the mission (1 cp gets randomly assigned, if you care about such things ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
According to my calculations, and based on Kobold Stew's work, characters from the original group get 333.56 gp and Carradoc & Dent get 316.33 gp.

In addition, each character would get 166.66 gp from the guild if we complete the mission (1 cp gets randomly assigned, if you care about such things ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Cool -- character sheet adjusted (not incl. the 166.66 until it is paid).

Also, [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION], are you still ok with sharing all of Carradoc's ritual spells with Thaliss? If so, Thaliss will return the favor and we'll have a transcription party.
Sounds good, though I'm not sure how much we'll be able to do, given that gp limit.

We get two level-3 spells: the most obvious choices (for me) would be:
- counterspell
- fireball
- haste (TRA)
- leomund's tiny hut (ritual)

It's cheaper for Carradoc to copy Haste, and we have it on a scroll; and so he won't take that. (Wall of water is also level-3 and on a scroll); copying both will cost Carradoc 225gp. My instinct is to take fireball and LTH as the free 5th-level spells, but I'm open to tactical suggestions.

(It's my belief that copying from a scroll does not use up the scroll, so it remains a party resource, for carradoc or another to use/sell.)

If we have a copying party, we'd have six spell-level equivalents each, using up most of what we have. I'm cool with that -- what spells do you have to offer?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Cool -- character sheet adjusted (not incl. the 166.66 until it is paid).

Sounds good, though I'm not sure how much we'll be able to do, given that gp limit.

We get two level-3 spells: the most obvious choices (for me) would be:
- counterspell
- fireball
- haste (TRA)
- leomund's tiny hut (ritual)

It's cheaper for Carradoc to copy Haste, and we have it on a scroll; and so he won't take that. (Wall of water is also level-3 and on a scroll); copying both will cost Carradoc 225gp. My instinct is to take fireball and LTH as the free 5th-level spells, but I'm open to tactical suggestions.

(It's my belief that copying from a scroll does not use up the scroll, so it remains a party resource, for carradoc or another to use/sell.)

If we have a copying party, we'd have six spell-level equivalents each, using up most of what we have. I'm cool with that -- what spells do you have to offer?

Happy new year to all!!! ;-)

FYI @ Kobold Stew, Thaliss will only be able to cast 1st and 2nd level rituals, since I won't be increasing his warlock levels anymore (He will however be able to cast any rituals from these levels, if he finds them, including cleric & druid).

Thaliss has Alarm and Unseen Servant to share, and will gladly copy Comprehend Languages, Find Familiar and Tenser's Floating Disk from Carradoc.

Leomund's Tiny Hut is so useful for the whole party that I think we should all chip in to help you pay for the copying. Heck, even Haste will be a life saver (casting it on Thaliss will allow him to hide every turn, giving him advantage on his eldrich blasts that will now do 28 damage each round with hex and if the two blasts land), so I'm of the opinion that we should all chip in the 225/2=37.5 gp. Consider that you have Thaliss' part.

As for your remaining spells, we're likely going to fight Air and Fire oriented enemies, so that wall of water may come in handy against the fire guys. If we all agree to chip in, you should have some cash to copy it and a few others.

If ok, I'll assume that Thaliss will have Carradoc's 3 rituals, and start looking into which familiar he will have (yay ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Thank you for crunching all the numbers, you two. I've edited Dent's sheet to reflect the additional 316 gp, 3 sp, and 3 cp. I have not included the 166.66 gp from the guild (hasn't been awarded yet). [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION], Steve Gorak suggests we contribute toward Carradoc learning Leomund's tiny hut, and I think that's a decent idea. If you'll divide out the cost and let me know how much, I'll chip in.

Other than lodging and food while we are in Red Larch, and trail rations for the road when we leave, Dent has no needs. If someone's short-ish on coin and wants to buy gear, speak up and you can have pretty much whatever you want of Dent's current 401 gp.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thank you for crunching all the numbers, you two. I've edited Dent's sheet to reflect the additional 316 gp, 3 sp, and 3 cp. I have not included the 166.66 gp from the guild (hasn't been awarded yet). [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION], Steve Gorak suggests we contribute toward Carradoc learning Leomund's tiny hut, and I think that's a decent idea. If you'll divide out the cost and let me know how much, I'll chip in.

Other than lodging and food while we are in Red Larch, and trail rations for the road when we leave, Dent has no needs. If someone's short-ish on coin and wants to buy gear, speak up and you can have pretty much whatever you want of Dent's current 401 gp.

Hey [MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION]; happy new year!

I recommend we chip in for both Leomund's Tiny Hut and Haste, since we will all benefit greatly (especially Dent and Tolan, IMHO). The cost is a low low price of 37.5 gp each (225 gp/6) ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
SG and CB -- that's very good of you. While Carradoc will certainly take any money offered, I'm not going to expect every player to chip in for his spell book. Part of the purpose ("fun") of playing a wizard is to play the book-building mini-game, and I fully expect this to take up a significant portion of all of Carradoc's funds.

Steve -- Yes, absolutely copy the three spells. I think Carradoc can afford to transfer Alarm and Unseen Servant as well, and will pay for that (total now =325gp).

Creamsteak -- Sometime today I'm going to re-arrange the character sheet to include a spell book section now.

Last edited:

Happy New Year, to you, too, [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]. :)

The cost is a low low price of 37.5 gp each (225 gp/6)
Done. I've edited Dent's character sheet to reflect a 75 gp contribution to Carradoc toward Leomund's tiny hut and haste. Dent's such a curmudgeon, though, so I totally want to rp his grudging gift of coin to his friend--if KS is game, that is.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Question for you Creamsteak: during our trek to Red Larch, did the Dwarf sage mention that he wanted to recover his manuals? Thaliss would have asked him.

Also, the Did the Knight commander and the Dwarf sage mention weather there were other nobles in their caravan? The mission was to find a caravan of nobles from Mirabar, so are these two enough nobles? Perhaps these and the bodies we found were all the nobles? This would have been discussed during the journey

Also, FYI for the rest of the group, the mote of earth is one of the items we needed to recover and bring to the guild, so we'll likely loose it.
Cheers,

SG

Bruldenthar would be quite happy to have his various tomes returned. He could probably even afford to compensate you once he gets access to a proper lender that can confirm his identity.

Deseyna Norvael and Teresial were taken by knights riding griffons and vultures.

Rhundorth was taken deeper into the caverns below the mines.

Also someone keeps typing "creamstreak" when my username (which I should probably change to my real name at some point) is "creamsteak". Not a big deal, but it makes me want to vomit when I read it.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Happy New Year, to you, too, [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]. :)

Done. I've edited Dent's character sheet to reflect a 75 gp contribution to Carradoc toward Leomund's tiny hut and haste. Dent's such a curmudgeon, though, so I totally want to rp his grudging gift of coin to his friend--if KS is game, that is.

Hey [MENTION=11146]CanadienneBacon[/MENTION]! My bad for not being clear: the cost would be 37.5 gp per player for the two spell. I can however see Dent as paying a bit more since he got a totally kick ass plate ;-)
Cheers!

SG

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Bruldenthar would be quite happy to have his various tomes returned. He could probably even afford to compensate you once he gets access to a proper lender that can confirm his identity.

Deseyna Norvael and Teresial were taken by knights riding griffons and vultures.

Rhundorth was taken deeper into the caverns below the mines.

Also someone keeps typing "creamstreak" when my username (which I should probably change to my real name at some point) is "creamsteak". Not a big deal, but it makes me want to vomit when I read it.

Wow, these are important details! I'm glad I asked ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Remove ads