• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

hafrogman

Adventurer
It's weird that I feel a stat bonus level is a boring one.
Maybe later, when I can actually justify a feat. Instead I shall just take my hit points and AC and wait patiently for my proficiency bonus, second attack and speed boost at 5. :)

Level 4 below, I'll switch it out in the RG after we rest.
[sblock=Tolan]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B]       Tolan
[B]Class:[/B]      Barbarian 4
[B]Race:[/B]       Elf (Wood)
[B]Background:[/B] Hermit
[B]Size:[/B]       Medium (5'5", 128 lb)
[B]Gender:[/B]     Male
[B]Alignment:[/B]  Neutral     

[B]Str:[/B] 18 (+4) save: +6     [B]HP:[/B] 41 (4d12+8)
[B]Dex:[/B] 20 (+5) save:  *     [B]AC:[/B]   17 / 19 with shield
[B]Con:[/B] 14 (+2) save: +4
[B]Int:[/B] 15 (+2)              [B]Speed:[/B]   35
[B]Wis:[/B] 17 (+3)              [B]Init:[/B]    +5
[B]Cha:[/B] 14 (+2)              [B]Passive Perception:[/B]    15

[B]Skills:[/B]                    [B]Abilities:[/B]
Acrobatics         +5       Darkvision 60'
Animal Handling    +3       Fey Ancestry (advantage vs. charm, immunity to magic sleep)
Arcana             +2       Trance (4hr/night)
*Athletics         +6       Mask of the Wild (attempt to hide, lightly obscured in nature)
Deception          +2
History            +2       Rage [3/long rest] (Rage Damage: +2)
Insight            +3       Unarmored Defense
Intimidation       +2       Reckless Attack
Investigation      +2       Danger Sense
*Medicine          +5       Primal Path: Berserker (Frenzy)
Nature             +2
*Perception        +5       Discovery
Performance        +2
Persuasion         +2
*Religion          +4
Slight of Hand     +5
Stealth            +5
*Survival          +5

[B]Proficiencies:[/B]
Armor: Light, Medium, Shields
Weapons: Simple, Martial
Tools: Herbalism Kit
Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan

[B]Weapon                Attack  Damage     Type  Range[/B]
Longsword, 1h          +6     1d8+4        S
Longsword, 2h          +6    1d10+4        S
Dagger                 +6     1d4+4        P
[i]Raging (+2 dmg)[/i]
Javelin, thrown        +6     1d6+4        P   (30/120)
Shortbow               +7     1d6+5        P   (80/320)

[B]Equipment:[/B]
Longsword
Shield
Dagger
Javelin (4)
Shortbow
Arrows (8)
Scroll Case
Winter Blanket
Common Clothes
Herbalism Kit
Explorer's Pack + 2 days rations + 1 waterskin

[B]Money:[/B] 2 gp / 8 sp

[B]Personality Trait:[/B] I often get lost in my own thoughts and contemplation, becoming oblivious to my surroundings.
[B]Ideal:[/B] Self-Knowledge. If you know yourself, there’s nothing left to know.
[B]Bond:[/B] I’m still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.
[B]Flaw:[/B] I am dogmatic in my thoughts and philosophy.
[/sblock]

I have time on Saturday to do Dent's level up (thanks again, Creamsteak), but not before. Are there any house rules that apply to leveling that I ought to be aware of?

Forged Fury

First Post
I've already put the basics of Damien's level up in his character sheet under future plans. Still deciding on spells...

I think I'm going with Blade Ward for my Cantrip, which is often seen as sub-par. But I think it synergizes well with Armor of Agathys by extending the utility of that spell. As far as my new known spell, I kind of want to take Command. It really fits Damien well and is relatively powerful in 5E.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I don't believe I have any leveling house rules.

Information for the campaign specific (not in phb or dmg) magic stuff for later should it be identified:

[sblock=Wall_of_Water]WALL OF WATER
3rd-level evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S, M (a drop of water)
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes

You conjure up a wall of water on the ground at a point you can see within range. You can make the wall up to 30 feet long, 10 feet high, and 1 foot thick, or you can make a ringed wall up to 20 feet in diameter, 20 feet high, and 1 foot thick. The wall vanishes when the spell ends. The wall's space is difficult terrain.

Any ranged weapon attack that enters the wall's space has disadvantage on the attack roll, and fire damage is halved if the fire effect passes through the wall to reach its target. Spells that deal cold damage that pass through the wall cause the area of the wall they pass through to freeze solid (at least a 5-foot square section is frozen). Each 5-foot-square frozen section has AC 5 and 15 hit points. Reducing a frozen section to 0 hit points destroys it. When a section is destroyed, the wall's water
doesn't fill it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Cloak_of_Water]CLOAK OF WATER
Wondrous Item, uncommon (requires attunement)
A water elemental is bound to this cloak. Made from sailcloth, this cloak is always wet to the touch.
* You gain resistance to fire damage.
* You can extinguish all non-magical fires within 30 feet as a bonus action.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mote_of_Elemental_water]MOTE OF ELEMENTAL WATER
Wondrous Item, uncommon
This enchanted lapis lazuli is native to the Elemental Plane of Water.
While holding this gemstone, the bearer gains access to the shape water cantrip.

SHAPE WATER
Transmutation cantrip
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 30 feet
Components: S
Duration: Instantaneous or 1 hour (see below)
You choose an area of water that you can see within range and that fits within a 5-foot cube. You manipulate it in one of the following ways:

• You instantaneously move or otherwise change the flow of the water as you direct, up to 5 feet in any direction. This movement doesn't have enough force to cause damage.
• You cause the water to form into simple shapes and animate at your direction. This change lasts for 1 hour.
• You change the water's color or opacity. The water must be changed in the same way throughout. This change lasts for 1 hour.
• You freeze the water, provided that there are no creatures in it. The water unfreezes in 1 hour.

If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have no more than two of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.

[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
Putting it up here because typing it out will help to remind me:

I cannot use a rapier and dagger together. I screwed up and misidentified a rapier as both a light and finesse weapon. It is only a finesse weapon. Because of that, it cannot be used in two-weapon fighting without a feat. Instead, I need to form a shortsword as my pact weapon if I want to use it for TWF. I don't think it made much of a difference in glancing back through the two fights that involved it, but I want to remember not to do that again.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: I think I remember the default for 5E is that magic items are obviously magical unless the description states otherwise... just looked up the quote from the DM Basic Rules "Handling a magic item is enough to give a character a sense that something is extraordinary about the item." So, assuming Dent put his paws on them for any reason, he'd know they were magical.

Interesting! So this effectively decreases the usefulness of detect magic, no? I might go for something else then for my 2 book of ancient secret rituals...
[MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], I had a question about the shape water cantrip, since I am considering it as one of my 3 book of shadows cantrips. Could you effectively make a 5ft ice raft, and have a second non-instantaneous effect animating the water behind the raft, effectively propelling the raft forward? in addition, could you continuously cast instantaneous effects to change the direction of the water around the raft, to increase its speed? If so, what would be the speed of this raft?

This could be a cool, albeit situation-specific, gambit.

I'm also considering mold earth, to never have to dig graves again, and to have a 20x20 secured area with 5ft deep moats followed by a 5ft wall (so 10ft high) every night we sleep outdoors after about 8 minutes of spellcasting ;-)

Thanks and cheers,

SG

Forged Fury

First Post
I kind of assumed the Wall of Water spell was on one of the scrolls, since it was listed with the other treasure.

Very thorough interrogation there, Steve. LOL. I'm going to wait to see if Koblod Stew or Shayuri want to jump in before I start poking (although we should probably all be attacking since we're not getting automatic critical attacks at this point, whenever we do decide to drop the hammer).

Remove ads