• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Academy of Drell

Tokiwong

First Post
does this inculde Alustir... she is back home.. so i am just using her for development basically a high level rogue/assassin

Dalamar

Adventurer
No need to keep it secret.

Basically it's Burst with longer duration. Something along these lines:

Prolonged Burst
Psychoportation (Dex)
Level: Not sure yet
Manifestation time: 1 action
Target: Self
Duration: 1 minute/manifester level or until discharged

As Burst, except that the power last longer. The speed effect is only active for 1 round/manifester level, the manifester picking the active rounds as he goes. This does not stack with Burst. After all the available rounds have been used, the power discharges.
Activating the speed effect in any round after the actual manifestation is a free action that does not count against the limit of one quickened power per round.

Don't know if that would be a 1st or 2nd level power.

Last edited:

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Dalamar said:
Prolonged Burst
Psychoportation (Dex)
Level: Not sure yet
Manifestation time: 1 action
Target: Self
Duration: 1 minute/manifester level or until discharged

As Burst, except that the power last longer. The speed effect is only active for 1 round/manifester level, the manifester picking the active rounds as he goes. This does not stack with Burst. After all the available rounds have been used, the power discharges.
Activating the speed effect in any round after the actual manifestation is a free action that does not count against the limit of one quickened power per round.

Don't know if that would be a 1st or 2nd level power.

I would call it 2nd as it technically allows an extra quickened power per turn by mimcing another power and extending the duration. If it just gave +10 to base speed for x rounds I would say 1st, but this allows for its use for x rounds spread over x minutes...

TTFN

Zhure

First Post
Tokiwong said:
does this inculde Alustir... she is back home.. so i am just using her for development basically a high level rogue/assassin

Just a brief note will be fine. That will save me from having to search and read through pages of notes for the name of a character. I don't necessarily plan on using this feature a lot, but it will save me a lot of time when I do have to use it.

Greg

Zhure

First Post
evileeyore said:

I would call it 2nd as it technically allows an extra quickened power per turn by mimcing another power and extending the duration. If it just gave +10 to base speed for x rounds I would say 1st, but this allows for its use for x rounds spread over x minutes...

TTFN

Nice analysis.

::thinking out loud::
<deleting long passage because I'm stupid>

Yeah, it sounds like a 2nd. That's the target number unless anyone has further input.

Greg

evileeyore

Mrrrph
D'oh...

Miss getting my post up by five minutes. it was a long one giving Sildarin an intro to Kith (having kith fall on him from above...)

Oh well this is almost as good and doesn't paint him the fool...

For note, I'll keep using Selune until such a time (in a day or two) when I find a more tribal Moon "god" to follow, then i'll just edit Selune out... And another note the "Nine Powers" Kith refers to are the nine "powers" of magic, the eight schools and Universal...

Jeremy

Explorer
Sighted: Though it possesses no physical sensory organs, a psicrystal can telepathically sense its environment as well as a sighted, hearing creature can. Darkness (even supernatural darkness) is irrelevant, as are areas of supernatural silence, though a psicrystal still can't discern invisible or ethereal beings. The psycrystal's sighted range is 40 feet.

Since Karenia's vision isn't based on light, can she make out what these interlopers are and if any are headed for any of the students?

Zhure

First Post
Jeremy said:

Since Karenia's vision isn't based on light, can she make out what these interlopers are and if any are headed for any of the students?

Yes, good point. Forgot to cover that. The psicrystals have a unique sight system... I'll add something in the IC thread in a few minutes.
Greg

Remove ads