• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC: City of the Spider Queen [Full]

Dakkareth

First Post
How much room is there in the tunnel? How many combatants can attack the roper at once? Or more specifically, if I summon a few size large undead, can they participate without making a mess of the situation?

Rayex

First Post
This tunnel is between 10 and 15 feet wide. the roper has a space of 10 ft, so the tunnel is pretty much cramped that way. It attack from behind, after all 4 had passed by, so the way back is pretty much covered by it by now.

Dakkareth

First Post
As there are only five important things I should be doing right now, I drew up a little map - is this how the situation looks? The tunnel is probably too wide in the map, but it doesn't matter anyway - unless I have a line of sight/effect to a place behind the roper, summoning is out.

Attachments

• CotSQ1.jpg
    CotSQ1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 68

Dakkareth

First Post
Is it possible to move into a position, where summoning a creature behind the roper or at least targetting a point behind it is viable?

Rayex

First Post
Dakkareth said:
Is it possible to move into a position, where summoning a creature behind the roper or at least targetting a point behind it is viable?

umm..... yeah, it is.

Darn, I should have some proggie to make maps in... would make battle easier.

Dakkareth

First Post
I used Paint :p

On the WotC site there's a thread with links for DMs - there are some map thingies around there. Alternatively you could just create a thread - I'm sure there's a great number of people using such progams, especially among the PbP-veterans.

silentspace

First Post
Nice map. That roper is BIG!

Anyway, I see that Rashak is already adjacent to the roper, so instead of entering a dervish dance, he'll just full attack.

Dakkareth

First Post
Heheheh ... I was thinking about this spell the moment I read that Merion got grappled. Fight fire with fire and grapplers with grappling tentacles of otherworldly and highly dubious origin :]

Actually I was less than sure about Rashak's position relative to the roper, whose size wasn't that clear to me either (but I figured, if it faked being the wall, it must be quite big). But as Rayex hasn't protested ... ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads