[OOC] Constables of the 14th Ward

Scotley

Hero
Ambrus said:
Hm. Looking over your wiki, it seems that there are already three PCs listed. It leads me to ask, how many players are you looking to add? Are we all competing for a remaining spot or two?

Edit: It's a shame that gutter-gnomes aren't available as PCs; they sound neat. :)

So far, I'm thinking of a falconin rogue or scout. In a gritty urban environment, aerial recognisance would be of value for the group. Plus, perching on top of gargoyles and church steeples is just fun. ;)

We plan to take at least 3 more, and depending on the quality of the submissions more than that. With 2 DM's we can handle a somewhat larger than average group. Gutter Gnomes are neat, that's why we're keeping them as npc's ;)

Scotley

Hero
ethandrew: Book of Exalted Deeds and the vows are out, sorry. The LCA does not have a monopoly on wizard training. We'll be happy to help you work in a background that doesn't include them.

Brother Allard: Diviner does seem to be a good fit. I look forward to your submission.

Leif

Adventurer
Fenris said:
This sounds interesting. Would the Urban Ranger variant from UA be acceptable?

To paraphrase my esteemed co-DM, Scotley, "We have provided plenty of classes and races for pcs, so don't expect deviations from our posted guidelines to be accepted." That being said, you are free to submit your urban ranger also. We, however, are free to reject him if we don't like him. On the other hand, your proposed character sounds very interesting and fun, so I feel like you have a reasonable chance of being accepted, provided that you are otherwise in compliance with the previously mentioned guidelines.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
As per the guidelines we'll consider any variant classes from Unearthed Arcana and PH2 that fit. As Leif said, Urban Ranger is one of the ones we favor.

Dracomeander

First Post
Definitely too much material to digest in the short time I have now. It looks interesting. I'll have to go through the wiki when I get home later tonight.

Just off the top of my head from the brief look I got at the character guidelines, I'm probably going to look at an Illumian of some sort working toward Loredelver.

Helfdan

First Post
This sounds like a really interesting setting. Being an old-school tabletop gamer myself, I cannot resist. I would be interested in playing a knight. Basic character concept as follows:

[SBLOCK=Alarion]Alarion of Tovarre is the youngest son of a landed knight from a distant land. His home kingdom is surrounded by marauding humanoids and hostile nations, so that the nobles and freemen are raised to be warriors. As he had no hope of inheriting his father's fief (it is a rigid feudal society), he decided to make his name and gain glory as a knight-errant. His travels have brought him to the (to his people) near-legendary city of Lauralie Summerhome.

In the large city, Alarion cuts somewhat of an archaic figure with his armor, weapons, and courtly ways. (He may be considered a barbarian, albeit a polite one). But although brave and prone to rashness, the young knight is basically a decent man, who truly seeks to live his knightly code and help those in need. Though some may find him naive, his travels have shown him that few of those he meets put any worth in truth and honor, and he is not completely gullible. He could not resist answering the Constable's summons for men of honor and daring.[/SBLOCK]

I can have the stats up tomorrow.

Helfdan

James Heard

Explorer
Interested, I'll read more and hopefully come up with a concept proposal soon...What skills/stats/etc are involved in being a really good Keepstorm player?

I'm thinking maybe of someone who transferred in from another ward because he's trying to woo one of Imago Blackmann's daughters, and figures that putting himself into a position where the guy gets to see what an upright and responsible citizen he is might help or something. This, of course, won't be what's going on if the daughters are some creepy "you evil sicko" age, but I didn't see anything that said they were in pigtails holding dollies in the write-ups.

Fenris

Adventurer
Scotley said:
As per the guidelines we'll consider any variant classes from Unearthed Arcana and PH2 that fit. As Leif said, Urban Ranger is one of the ones we favor.

Great, you said "Variants by DM permission only" so I figured I would seek permission first.

Now on the wiki, you said you wanted to be emailed, by I am assuming that this recruiting thread pre-empts that. So would you like character concepts posted here?

Lord_Raven88

First Post
I'm thinking of submitting a Human Beguiler 5.

Basically he lived as an orphan on the streets until one day when he was 12 he got caught running a con by a constable. Taking an interest in the boy the constable tried to help him turn his life around before he truly went down the wrong path, and became yet another hardened criminal.

Given a chance to turn his life around and discovering someone who truly cared for him the young waif applied himself to this task. While reluctant to give up the skills that had enabled him to survive on the streets he began to find ways to utilise these skills to aid his friend and mentor.

By the age of 15 he was an accomplished snoop able to ferret out vital pieces of information and pass it on to the constabulary, it was a natural progression for him to change from being an informant to being an active agent for the city in his own right, and by the age of 17 be was recruited officially into the employ of the city constabulary.

After 4 years of working in various roles in the constabulary he was ordered to report to his new commander Ignatious Ironshirt, head of the Special Squad.

Remove ads