[OOC] Dichotomy's Age of Worms: The Whispering Cairn

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=@ michael_noah]In the interest of expediency, how about we go with what we have. On this lovely day, Nollan has been spending it however he normally would thusfar when Lartis interrupts him. Lartis is obviously concerned, and it looks like he maybe spent some time in a dungeon. He sidesteps any queries, though. He tells you that a friend has been hurt, and that she and her companions are staying at the abandoned mine office. He gives you good directions and asks that you lend your healing to the group. He knows that it is much to ask, especially since he is not willing to tell you any details, but he is also very much out of sorts.

At the end Lartis plays his "trump card." He tells you that the girl is Vixtrin Knef, and he knows that you know who she is. In a display of knowledge that you wouldn't suspect him to have (since you aren't really close), he also makes some comment insinuating that your experience with women like her and her mother ought to mean something. It is clear that the dwarf is desparate to be playing such a guilt trip.

Assuming that is sufficient to motivate you (and we can work out more if you'd like), I can introduce you now.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
For the time being, I'm going to continue NPCing Byron. At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I'm going to admit that I simply don't think the two submissions for mage replacement that I currently have on the table are up to the rest of you. Those of you other than michael_noah know that there were a lot of submissions for the initial recruitment of this game. I strived to include the best of them, and I am happy with the results. If it is okay with the rest of you, I'd like to wait until I find a replacement for Byron that meets the high bar you guys set (as I think michael_noah did with Nollan).

As I think you all know, this is my first DMing experience on these boards. I was wondering if the rest of you have any suggestions for how we should proceed. Should I post a new recruitment thread and hope for better results? Do you know of specific players that might be interested?

michael_noah

First Post
@Dichotomy
[sblock]After prying a little and having no luck, Nollan realizes that this must be rather important for Lartis to be asking such a favor and to be acting so strangely on top of it. The news of Vixtrin gives him a little of a start, especially the mention of her mother. After ensuring that Lartis is going to be alright himself, Nollan will head out to the mine, taking care not to be too obvious, since it was clear that Lartis didn't want to draw attention.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=@ CanadienneBacon]I've been working with michael_noah a bit regarding background stuff. For your personal reference, Vixtrin most likely knows who he is, since Nollan was a member of the garrison at the time Vixtrin was. However, in the interest of not forcing some rapport upon you, it seems best that you didn't really work together. So at most, you'd likely know only relatively common knowledge about him.

Does that work for you?[/sblock]

In the interest of picking things up (so that two players don't have to keep sitting out), let's fast forward to Nollan's arrival. If you guys have anything else you want to talk about specifically before Nollan gets there, feel free to work in out in sblocks among yourselves.

Cue Nollan's entry to the mine office. And... action!

Thank you for healing up Vixtrin.

Regarding her reaction to Nollan, I haven't quite settled that in my own mind yet, but I'm sure when I sit down to type up her words and behaviour, something will spring forth. She's likely to be fairly vitriolic at first. :)

Remove ads