[OOC] Dichotomy's Age of Worms: The Whispering Cairn

Dichotomy

Explorer
If I recall correctly, I think Vixtrin currently has 3/11 hit points, and Sprout has 2/6. While Nollan isn't the best gauge of such things, he can probably make a decent estimate that they both look like crap. ;)

Anyone heard anything from Amal lately? He's not been on for awhile.

I haven't heard from Amal, nor seen him on or about the site.

Vixtrin was at -4 when Nollan arrived. His 7 HPs' worth of healing restored her to 3 HP, so you do indeed have that correct.

TiCaudata

First Post
my formerlly panamanian and soon to be paraguayan brother is in town for a week. as a result I will be further north than I already am getting some good family time in. I likely won't post until sunday evening.

Dichotomy

Explorer
I am also going to be out of town this weekend, from early Saturday to late Sunday. I'm singing in a choir concert in DC. Flying on private planes and getting per diem is fun!

michael_noah

First Post
I think it's really up to Dichotomy about how we handle the trip to the store (and other things like that). My opinion, for what it's worth, is that we can leave out mundane things like that so it doesn't take up too much time.

I know that some of the characters were interested in making sure that noone noticed anything fishy, though, and I could definitely see that being interesting.

Dichotomy

Explorer
First, while I agree that there is no need to "play out" mundane things, I think that michael_noah is correct that a trip into town by itself could prove "interesting."

Second, to respond to TiCaudata's query, sblocks would probably work best. I can't PM because I don't give the site any money. Group emails are a possibility, though I think I'd rather keep things here. That way they are all together, and there is no need for us to save emails, as the content is saved here. (Unless, of course, there is another crash... That's one reason why I don't give the site any money.)

Here is what I propose:

For those of you that are going to town, make a post in the IC thread in an sblock stating what you are doing. I'll respond as needed to smooth out any "interesting" things that might happen. We can work this through in a manner only as detailed as necessary.

E.g. You make a post saying something generic about how you want to go to X and get Y and perhaps other things important to that, such as whether you are being sneaky or trying to look nonchalant, etc. I'll respond either generically that you do/don't find Y, and maybe I'll note that something "interesting" happened with which you need to deal.

Make sense?

For those of you staying behind, feel free to roleplay among yourselves in the meantime (in fact I highly encourage it). In this case, I'll leave it to your personal discretion whether you want to use sblocks for such conversation, depending upon whether you want the others to "eavesdrop."

Does this work for all of you?

G

Guest 11456

Dichotomy said:
For the time being, I'm going to continue NPCing Byron. At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I'm going to admit that I simply don't think the two submissions for mage replacement that I currently have on the table are up to the rest of you. Those of you other than michael_noah know that there were a lot of submissions for the initial recruitment of this game. I strived to include the best of them, and I am happy with the results. If it is okay with the rest of you, I'd like to wait until I find a replacement for Byron that meets the high bar you guys set (as I think michael_noah did with Nollan).

As I think you all know, this is my first DMing experience on these boards. I was wondering if the rest of you have any suggestions for how we should proceed. Should I post a new recruitment thread and hope for better results? Do you know of specific players that might be interested?

Thanx for not leaving us hanging...

Remove ads