[OOC] [Eberron] Beer n Pretzles Keep on the Shadowfell

EvolutionKB

First Post
I see your connection and will run with it.

So far we have two strikers (myself and stonegod, melee ranger and infernal forgedlock respectively), and a leader(walkingdad's eladrin warlord). Graf's Pally seems to have disappeared, and unfortuneatly we probably won't hear from him until Monday. If Graf decides to still go with defender, then I think we will be alright, and can pick up another person if we feel like we need it. Another defender or a controller I think would be ideal. With a 15 AC I won't be able to stick in melee for long.

Graf

Explorer
Will be an eladrin defender, unchanged.
He's not approved yet but we can potentially start, so long as Ere13 as DM is OK with it, without being approved.

I will get amicus approved soon. I just have some other RL obligations and so forth to deal with. With a Cha oriented pally with two lay-on-hands and a warlord I think we're gonna be good for healing. I'll probably keep my original feat and not take tactical yet.

The character, actually is here. His to-hit is total ----. Not sure if I should try to pump it up or not. If people have feedback on build I'd love to take it.
(He's reverse engeneered from rp, so...)

EvolutionKB

First Post
Looks good to me. It looks to me like you are going for a secondary melee role with the longspear. If you switched to longsword(or spear) and shield how much would that change your concept? That would be the only way to improve the character and still keep a similar concept that I can see.

Graf

Explorer
Yeah I somehow forgot that the Longspear was two handed.... :p

With Divine Challenge shift and reach I'd imagined having a three square strike zone centered on me, so I could "pull" a striker hassling our back line*. But I think I need the shield for reflex (and AC too of course).
*=We only have one defender, and I'm sensitive to the difficulty 1st level strikers and controllers have keeping themselves out of melee.

Is it feasible to be "hot swapping" somehow? Quick draw lets you draw for free... So I could sheath another weapon as a minor, draw and attack. But I don't think that per RAW I can draw the shield the same way....

Without Quickdraw:
I could start with the shield and spear and drop both (free) to draw the longspear (minor) move and attack but I wouldn't be able to challenge. So it would be draw + challenge or move without quick draw.

I could pick up the items provided they were in my square or an adjacent square (or just carry around two shields and two spears)... so long as its the same mark I just need to keep engaging.

Not sure if it's really going to make a big difference, I just have a very low chance to hit right now, so I was trying to leverage my assets. Divine Challenge works with a hit or a miss.

Graf

Explorer
You... are so correct.
Thank you!

I think I need to be shield and spear then. (Somehow I don't think I can get the judges to approve a second set of arms....)

[d]--[/d]

I am, btw, very psyched about your adventure idea Ere! Looking forward to what you're coming up with. I'd been thinking about Amicus partially as a way to rp-about-the-imperium and this indulges that beautifully.

I will get him finished and submitted soon.

Graf

Explorer
OK. I can't obviously look at it myself but I'll ping the list and see what the status is if there's no movement by later today.

Remove ads