[OOC] [Eberron] Beer n Pretzles Keep on the Shadowfell

Erekose13

Explorer
Personally I think that 4e handles roles better than 3.5 and I never had a problem adjusting the opposition to focus on what my players brought to the table. No rogues, curiously there are very few traps, no clerics, hmm where did all the undead plots go? etc. No controller, fewer encounters with minions or at least tons of minions. No leader, more time planned between encounters. That said, I've heard good things of tactical warlords and enjoyed playing an eladrin in this game.

Graf

Explorer
you can play exactly one character in l4w... Right now anyway (if/when it changes it will be at least a few months)
be careful about picking something to try to fit the current composition
I'd suggest playing the character you're most excited about and leaving yourself in ere's hands. My character could easily dip warlord for healing word...

Having said that two spear fighting eladrin imperium legionairres could be lots of fun

Erekose13

Explorer
Okay so I've got the outlines of the plot ready on paper, now to transcribe it to the format requested and submit it. WD any news on your character? I'll wait till he is ready to go to make sure you're in the adventure but if I get some advanced preview of his background/hooks I can try to weave it into the story up front. Regarding composition, we can always leave room for one more to bring us up to five. That wont fill 2 roles necessarily but it can compensate a bit.

Walking Dad

First Post
I have maior problems to get it edited as I like.

Can I post the character here in standard formatting and one of you can help me to transcribe it in the other format?

Graf

Explorer
Fantastic! This is gonna be great. I gotta get Amicus finished now.

I'm thinking we may need a leader. Even counting my lay on hands and a feat swap I could only heal 3 times a day. And Lay on Hands really works best with a second defender (or at least melee type...)

Walking Dad

First Post
Here are the stats in my standard formatting. I will try to get it up myself, but if anybody wants to help...

[sblock]
Riardon d'Cealis
Player: WD
Home Region: Imperium
Eladrin (Tactical) Warlord XP 0 Level 1
Initiative +0 Senses Low-light Vision
Passive Insight 11; Passive Perception 16
HP 24; Bloodied 12; Surge Value 6; Surges Per-Day 8
AC 17; Fortitude 15; Reflex 14; Will 13
Saving Throw Bonus against charm +5
Speed 6
Alignment Unaligned
Languages Common, Elven

Str 18 Dex 10 Wis 12
Con 12 Int 16 Cha 10

Basic Attack:
Longsword: +7 / 1d8+4
Javelin: +6 / 1d6+4

Racial Abilities
Eladrin Education, Eladrin Weapon Proficiency, Eladrin Will, Fey Origin, Trance, Feystep

Class Features
Combat Leader
Commanding Presence
Inspiring word

At-Will Powers
Viper's Strike
Wolf Pack Tactics

Encounter Powers
Warlord's Favor
Scorching Burst
Feystep

Daily Powers
Lead the Attack

Utility Powers
-

Feats
Arcane Initiate

Skills (Trained)
Arcana
Athletics
Diplomacy
Heal
History
Perception

Equipment
Standard adventurers pack (15), Longsword (15), Dagger (1), Hide Armor (30), Light Shield (5), 4 javelins (20), 14gp

[/sblock]

A bit clumsy (for a eladrin), but strong and quick-minded, Riardon joined the imperial forces at an early age. He is not the most charismaic leader, but the soldiers respected and trusted his superior tactics and his willingnes to stand with them in melee against the strongest foes.
While he has some talent for arcane magic, it is rather untrained.

Deity: Palladys

--------

Erekose, can you give some information about the adventure? It would help me to choose my kicker.

----------

Here is what I got so far:

http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:pC:Riardon_d%27Cealis_(Walking_Dad)

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
I've done most of the math stuff in templates down below on your character sheet.

Re adventure: Sure here is my elevator pitch:

Unearthed from the darkest, twisted pits a malignant force is unknowingly unleashed upon Daunton by one of the adventurers that the small city seeks to attract. Our heroes must unravel a mysterious death that could threaten the sanity of the entire island. The Sibylline Idol will thrust the heroes into an occult world that dates back before the founding of the Imperium.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I've done most of the math stuff in templates down below on your character sheet.

Re adventure: Sure here is my elevator pitch:

Unearthed from the darkest, twisted pits a malignant force is unknowingly unleashed upon Daunton by one of the adventurers that the small city seeks to attract. Our heroes must unravel a mysterious death that could threaten the sanity of the entire island. The Sibylline Idol will thrust the heroes into an occult world that dates back before the founding of the Imperium.
And how does this tie in with our various chars (curious)?

Erekose13

Explorer
Without giving away too much (I hope)
Incarnation - investigation points to research done by the big guy (lots more than this, but hard not to give away too much).
Amico (& potentially Riardon) - Idol markings are in an ancient form of Elven and tied to the early Imperium (again lots more too).
Rurdev - Dead guy = a shifter from his tribe too (the most tangential connection to the plot unfortunately).

Note that some of these ties are a bit longer term too, especially the bigger links I have in mind.

Remove ads