• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Junk Yard Dogs [Sage Edition Imperial Game]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
I'll flesh something out and post it.
Dog, did you check out the web enhancement that I was talking about?
I was thinking of using one or two of the feat trees from there for my Trooper.

-Blood

Raylis

First Post
doghead said:
Discussion - JYD's
[...]

* Raylis - Stormtrooper/pilot cross training *
I don't see the Empire using their TIE pilots as grunts, and vice versa. But pilot cross training, sure. I haven't checked the rules, but I suspect that that would mean the character could fly a TIE fighter if the situation came up.
[...]

Order 66 turned the Clone Troopers from loyal soliders of the Jedi into soliders loyal only to Palpatine. The plan was executed perfectly, the empire was formed and the Jedi were eliminated. In the aftermath of the order it was discovered that while the Clone Troopers followed the order unquestioningly and attacked their former comrades-some of them felt remorse about doing so.

Those in charge of the sciences in the empire strove to combat this problem, and create an more perfect soilder, one that would kill on command and await its next order. So they took a few Clone Troopers and sampled their blood, and blended it with blood of humans from various empire worlds to retain the Clone Trooper loyalty and bleed out the remorse.

Stormtrooper 814 was one of the succesful products of the experiment. 814 displayed the loyalty without remorse that the scientests had strived for, and also showed an aptitude toward vehicular operation.

okay, instead of a focus soley on TIE, expanded him to be slightly more geared toward general vehilcular operation (AT-AT, AT-ST, speederbikes ect.) more of the Scout Trooper then straight Stormtrooper. If the vehicle thing just isn't going to work I'm absolutley fine with that and playing straight Stormtrooper.

Einan

First Post
If there's still room, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring as a Force Sensitive Scout. The kind of guy who's just good at certain things, without necessarily realizing why he's so good. He's a stormtrooper because his father served in the army, and he sees it as his way to help preserve the peace, keep the world moving, justice and honor, etc.

Not necessarily jingoistic, but naive.

Here goes:

Pvt Vax Holser was always destined for duty. His father was a Naval officer who rose the ranks and served admirably. His grandfather was an Admiral in the Old Republic. When he was 7 he was tested and accepted into stormtrooper training. He excelled in hand-eye coordination and so was given cross training as a scout. He's a decent shot, but he's mostly just plain quick. He's got a knack for getting out of tricky spots, but no real leadership potential.

He does however have a secret. Ever since he was little, he's been able to do "tricks". Mostly they just involve being in the right place at the right time, but lately he's been able to focus himself, make himself better at target practice. It's useful, but he knows it's painfully close to what the Jedi could do, and he knows they're evil. So he keeps quiet and does his job as best he can. For the Empire!

Einan

Last edited:

Paper_Bard

First Post
I'm interested.... Here's MY idea...

Wookie slave warrior. Consider it for a second. This poor creature has been captured and brainwashed to the point where it is completely loyal to the Empire.

doghead

thotd
ooc - JYD's

Caliber, Strahd Sorry to see you go, but I know what life can be like. Thanks for the heads up.

JH Personally I like the Sith apprentice concept, although a bit wary of the 'pure evil' bit. Personally, I prefer shades of grey. The force sensitive soldier would also work. I think the Emperor would be aware of the program, although the program may be fairly low profile publicly. There wouldn't be any reason to make the character an Intelligence operative.

The way I see it, the Emperor knows that even if he knocks over the Jedi order, the universe will continue spit out force sensitive individuals. So better to have them on the inside, than free to establish their own order, perhaps along the lines of the Jedi, outside the Empire's control. The Empire doesn't present itself as evil. Publicly, it is a force for peace, prosperity and order. Of course, within the culture of the Empire, power is likely given a much higher priority than morality. But the Emperor, the Empire doesn't see itself as evil. Likewise, I don't believe that the Sith would necessary see themselves as evil. Rather, they would see their use of the dark side as the 'true' way to power. The dark side is a legitimate aspect of the force, like rage is a legitimate human emotion. To deny it is to deny the true nature of the force.

Why not start with what you like, and we can see where it takes us.

Shaggy I aim to please.

Einan Yes. Nice concept. One question, was his father army or navy?

Raylis Nice. All looks good. The only thing to watch out for might be spreading the character too thin. But I haven't read the rules closely enough to know for sure.

Blood The web enhancement material is fine. Knock yourself out.

Voda I may have the driod 'assigned' to the officer. But we can sort out details as things develop.

PaperB I don't really have any problem with the idea of a wookie. I'm a bit less sure about the idea of a brainwashed slave. The Empire really doesn't have any love for the non--humans, so why bother going to all the trouble of brainwashing a wookie, and take the risk it will break its compulsion?

So, it looks like we have seven interested. I was going to convert the thread category to 'recruiting', but it looks like we are pretty set. At this point I am still thinking of dividing the party into two camps - those posted to Tantooine with the officer, and the those assigned to the officer. For those who haven't provided one, can I get an expanded outline. And give some thought to possible threads between characters. Im thinking that most of those assigned to the officer will be storm-troopers, but it need not be so.

doghead
aka thotd

Voda Vosa

First Post
Voda I may have the driod 'assigned' to the officer. But we can sort out details as things develop.

I'll be totally ok with that, I already was going to suggest that =D

James Heard

Explorer
doghead said:
JH Personally I like the Sith apprentice concept, although a bit wary of the 'pure evil' bit. Personally, I prefer shades of grey. The force sensitive soldier would also work. I think the Emperor would be aware of the program, although the program may be fairly low profile publicly. There wouldn't be any reason to make the character an Intelligence operative.

The way I see it, the Emperor knows that even if he knocks over the Jedi order, the universe will continue spit out force sensitive individuals. So better to have them on the inside, than free to establish their own order, perhaps along the lines of the Jedi, outside the Empire's control. The Empire doesn't present itself as evil. Publicly, it is a force for peace, prosperity and order. Of course, within the culture of the Empire, power is likely given a much higher priority than morality. But the Emperor, the Empire doesn't see itself as evil. Likewise, I don't believe that the Sith would necessary see themselves as evil. Rather, they would see their use of the dark side as the 'true' way to power. The dark side is a legitimate aspect of the force, like rage is a legitimate human emotion. To deny it is to deny the true nature of the force.

Why not start with what you like, and we can see where it takes us.
How about some variety of proto Shadowtrooper? That seems to be exactly what you're describing, as I understand it, and it keeps the onerous and not-particularly-friendly-to-group-play Sith philosophy out of the picture.

Remove ads