[OOC] Pool of Radiance

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I saw we actually have spellbooks in the treasure section of the Info Thread. Would it be possible/permitted if Schnickschnack copied a few spells from the spellbook the party has found as treasure?

Well, I have no objections there.

The goblin mage's spellbook was found when the Professor wasn't with the group, yet, so you would have to get Eldwyn's and Emagor's consent for that, obviously. Yarash was the wizard in the pyramid, so you certainly have dibs on that spellbook as well as the others. :)

Either way, I doubt that anyone would object to using the books to learn some of the spells found in there.

The biggest obstacle here is time.

But I don't see why we can't make a little skipping ahead now (or soonish) to cover such tasks (and to allow the merchant to fetch some items you might wish to order from him).

Bye
Thanee

Sure, Emagor has no problem sharing, but he wants to do some copying, as well. Hey, that's a good use for Emagor's gold, too!

What about earmy?

Scott DeWar

special alert

levl 6 upgrade

Feat: craft potions
d6+1 hd
Skill points: 8+3 (int) +1 (Race)= 12
Skills improved:
Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Concentration (Con), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex),
Knowledge (Int): (Arcana), (Dungeoneering), (Local), Listen (Wis) , Move Silently (Dex)
Search (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis)

so what is up with the edit function?

PRIMAL FORM
Haste

I'll just have to purchase the rest. now I need to prepare for the table top game for today.

and here is the hp reroll.

The above information is wrong- I need the following to be the changes:

bab +4
trap sense +2
fort ref and will : +2, +5, +5

Feat: craft magic arms and armor (already had brew potions.)

Skills improved: (SAME)
Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Concentration (Con), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex),
Knowledge (Int): (Arcana), (Dungeoneering), (Local), Listen (Wis) , Move Silently (Dex)
Search (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis)

new spells (ALSO SAME)
PRIMAL FORM
Haste

Leif

Adventurer
What about earmy?
Yeah, Earmy is welcome to share spells with the rest of the party wizards, of course. I'm not even sure what spells are in the books we have available. I'd like to see a list that includes all the tomes we've recovered, if it's not too much trouble.

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance

Emagor would like to add to his spell book these spells:

Ray of Enfeeblement; Comprehend Languages; Darkness; Knock; Arcane Lock; Fireball; Lightning bolt; Clairaudience/Clairvoyance; Dispel Magic; Tongues

Also, Emagor would like to claim the +1 Amulet of natural Armor and the +1 Morning Star.

Scott DeWar

[sblock]
Goblin Mage's Spellbook
- *Shield, Mage Armor, *Unseen Servant, Detect Secret Doors, *Sleep, Burning Hands, *Magic Missile, Cause Fear, Ray of Enfeeblement, Enlarge Person, Feather Fall, Jump,
- Darkness, *Invisibility, Knock, *Spider Climb,
- Fireball, Slow

Yarash's Spellbook
- *Alarm, Protection from Good, *Grease, Mage Armor, Mount, *Comprehend Languages, *Identify, *Sleep, Burning Hands, *Disguise Self, *Ray of Enfeeblement, *Feather Fall,
- Arcane Lock, *Locate Object, *See Invisibility,*Invisibility, Alter Self, *Darkvision, Pyrotechnics,
- *Dispel Magic, *Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, *Tongues, Fireball, Lightning Bolt, *Fly, *Water Breathing,
- Detect Scrying, Locate Creature, Polymorph, Scrying, Charm Monster, *Stone Shape,
- Teleport, Baleful Polymorph, Passwall, Permanency
[/sblock]

these are two spell books found
the * denote spells already in earmy's book

Malachei

First Post
Schnickschnack cannot use the arcane scrolls, unless he finds a way to transfer them into divine versions.

He'd want to scribe the divine scrolls, though, if that is ok:

Divine Scroll of Blade Barrier
Divine Scroll of Magic Circle against Evil
Divine Scroll of Dispel Magic (10th caster level)
Divine Scroll of Bless (3rd caster level)

He'd start with the scrolls he could cast, i.e. dispel magic, magic circle, followed by bless and then blade barrier only later.

Also, can we jointly identify the treasure? Especially the permanent magic items (we might use Alchemy for potions, perhaps)?

Thanee

First Post
Identifying those should be no problem. Just 100gp each for the materials (pearl).

Time shouldn't be much of an issue here, esp. if we skip ahead a few days now in order to give you the time to do some spell scribing and so on.

Bye
Thanee

Leif

Adventurer
What's the cost to scribe spells into a spellbook? Seems like I remember it being so much per spell level? Emagor has 23 spell levels that he wants to copy, which spells, again, are:

Ray of Enfeeblement-1; Comprehend Languages-1; Darkness-2; Knock-2; Arcane Lock-2; Fireball-3; Lightning bolt-3; Clairaudience/Clairvoyance-3; Dispel Magic-3; Tongues-3

PLUS, from Earmy, DiamondSteelM and TinyHutS. [anyone know what level these are?]

Looks like Emagor is going to be needing more gold sooner rather than later. And iguana food [for Peabody] doesn't come cheap!

Last edited:

Remove ads