[OOC] Psionicle Sign-Up Thread

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
This is not a guarantee. Posting here will not absolutely get you a spot in the Psionicle. However, after discussing it with the party, there seems to be an agreement that a couple more people wouldn't hurt.

Sign up here only if you are serious. If you are not going to actually play, or if you have an extremely limited posting time, please do not post here.

The rules are simple - psionics is key. Do not roll your characters yet. Give me a sample of your character. History, personality, goals in life. Roleplaying material. You can use the PH and the PsiHB in making your character, as well as the information in the .zip file included in this post. You are making a 3rd level character.

Races/Classes - based on what kind of character you want to play, there will be different races and classes available to you.

If you want to play a psionic character, then you are from Kahasal, a continent that has been risen from the bottom of the sea within the last half-a-century. The races are as such - Human, Elf, Halfling, Githyanki, Goblin, Blue (Goblin subrace). Classes are standard, but you cannot be a wizard or bard. These classes are replaced with psion and psychic warrior. The elf's favored class is sorcerer. Githyanki favor PsW, Goblins favor Rogue, and Blues favor Psion.

If you want to play a magic character, then the same rules from above apply. The only magic class available is sorcerer.

If you want to play a technological character, then you are from the Coldlands Territory, a country that has freed itself using technology from the bonds of an opressive magocracy. The races are - Human, Halfling, Dwarf, Gnome, Orc, Coldlands Orc. Classes are standard, but you cannot be a wizard or bard. These classes are replaced with the gadgeteer and medic. The orc's favored class is Barbarian, and the Coldlands Orc favors the Gadgeteer.

Please also note that the oppportunities to join the Psionicle will be few and far between. The next possible time for a new character to be introduced is probably not going to happen within the current thread, more than likely in the middle (at the earliest) of Part IV.

If you have any questions, post them, but only if they are serious questions that ask for useful information.

[Edit - the technology packet has been removed.]

Last edited:

I was thinking human, probably a savant, or psychic warrior. How do you feel about multi-classing between the two? I would like to get into some item creation, maybe, and the bonus feats would help.

How prevelent and advanced is the tech. you're talking about?

I played a campaign once with a horrible dm, that was one long sting of fights with killer robots. I was kind of shell shocked about tech in D&D after that.

Any way it sounds like there's some time to work with so i'll check out the psioncle threads for some info too, and then get back with a solid concept.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
There is an early US industrial revolution (RL, not Gnomish) level of technology, in the most advanced places. Everywhere else, technology is generally rare. The most advanced tech the party has seen so far is a unique rifle (the first prototype rifle made), crafted by the owner of a prominent weapons business and the ambassador to Kahasal from the Coldlands Territory.

Multiclassing - I will allow it. Although, you cannot multiclass between classes that count as casters, manifesters, or students (gadgeteers, medics, tinkers).

Thus, you could multiclass psion/psychic warrior, but not psion/sorcerer.

Also, as for the psionic classes - use the modified classes on RPG Cosmos.

GWolf

First Post
I would like to play!

If I could get a Spot I would like to play a Gadgeteer. He has attend a very prestige school and passed with flying colors, he wants to use his technology to make powerful weapons, and other devices to stop evil in the world. (More Details latter if needed and I would be highly greatful if you would help me make the Gadgeteer character, seeing as I am not to familair with it but have read the file.

Note: I would like him to be a Techsmith, I'll be giving up Chemistry.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Okay. Your background sounds good, GWolf.

Well, the information on technology is actually in the middle of development. What you've got in that little .zip file there is it, so far. I've emailed the guy I'm working with who has the information on devices, and hopefully I'll get a listing from him soon. You'll be able to complete your character by the time there is opportunity for a character to join the group.

Make your character from what you have there, and when I get the devices list I'll ship it over to you.

Other than devices, do you have any questions?

---

To answer a few other generic questions that have thus far been left unanswered.

Concerning equipment - you get 2700 gp.

As a psionic char, you can get as many minor psionic items as you want, and one medium. You can get one magic item.

Your equipment can be of any material you can afford. Mithril, silver, masterwork, and darkwood items all exist.

In addition - if you are a nonstandard race, then the attachment may prove helpful. Remember that, depending on the character you chose to play (magic, psionic, tech), that changed what races were available to you. Also, the elf's favored class entry is "wizard" - in the case of psionic/magic chars, this is changed to "sorcerer".

Attachments

• race_information_packet_1.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Early WWI, at best. But that's quite high level, IMC, so you'll probably be currently dealing with 1880's type weaponry. I can't give you anything definite, though, until I get the device listings.

Ellis Hall

Ellis is the son of a wealthy merchant family. His mother died in childbirth and his father dotted on him for most of his early years. Ellis had not a care in the world, his life was filled with books, art, and meditation time. Most anything he wanted to know he was able to learn. He knew nothing but joy and peace.

That all ended on his twentith year, tragedy struck, it can to light that his father was in volved with certain illegal activities. He was arrested the family buisness and all properties were sold at auchion. Ellis was left with little more than the clothes on his back.

So he came into the life of the adventurer. During his first foray, he was captured by a tribe of ogres and surely would have died.
He finally gave in to dispare, he had lost everything and now he would be stew for ogres. It was in this moment that something in his mind cliched into place, first the very electricity that powered his body surged and stunned his guards, and then flames leaped from his hands burning him but also destroying his bonds. He lurched to his feat and out of pure instinct ran for his life, ogres moved to stop him but he lashed out again, not with fists but the raw power of his mind, and they fell before him.

Since that day he has wandered the land, learning to expaned his mental prowess, and has even trained here and there with warriors to hone his phsycal skill. He helps people when he can, and lives off what he aquires. It's a simple life, but it's his.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Very interesting, Osis. Very.

However, there is one problem (and I didn't really point it out, but...). Goblins are civilized and an accepted, although generally regarded with slight distaste, in society. They generally don't dine on humans, and would probably find that as disturbing as a human would find eating goblin to be disturbing.

It was mentioned that goblins were a PC race, and I assumed that that would indicate that they were civilized. My bad - I should have still stated that goblins, orcs, and kobolds were accepted as semi-civilized. It's still a very good story, and the captors of Ellis could very well be ogres, or something else that fit. But they probably wouldn't have been goblins, orcs, or kobolds.

Sorry. :(

Remove ads