• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Psionicle, Thread II [Update! Please read and post!]

Dalamar

Adventurer
Umm... How much platinum did we have? I'll prolly haggle a bit, and offer to pay some of the price with work ("Need to carry something? Here's a nice astral construct to help you out.")

Dalamar

Adventurer
Here's the nuts n' bolts of Syld 3.5. The equipment will prolly remain the same, except his dagger will change to a small shortsword, and need to adjust the powerstones (and maybe the Drilbu to a Psicrown? What is the Ectoplasmic missile going to convert to anyway?")

Syld
Blue Psion 5
Str 8 Dex 12 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 14 Cha 10 Per 12

Skills: 42 skill points
Autohypnosis +4(1cc), Concentration +9(8), Craft (Sculpture) +12(8), Hide +7(2cc), Knowledge (Psionics) +12(8), Knowledge (Religion) +5(1), Move Silently +7(2cc), Psicraft +9(5), Speak Language --(1cc)
Feats:
Boost Construct, Psicrystal Affinity, Psionic Body, Psionic Meditation, Speed of Thought

PP 35 (25 base, 10 bonus)
Powers:
1st: Astral Construct, Detect Psionics, Ecto Protection, Energy Ray, Psionic Identify, Missive, Psionic Grease
2nd: Psionic Repair Damage,
3rd: Dispel Psionics, Telekinetic Thrust (or Force, not 100% on which I'll pick yet)

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Rule 0: Psionic Identify is 1st level. I disagree with it being bumped up, and see no reason for it.

Also, remember that both magical and psionic Identify take only a few minutes to cast/manifest. I don't like the idea of it taking forever.

I also don't like psicrowns... but I suppose it works. Go ahead and convert the drilbu to a psicrown (mechanically, I don't think there's much difference between the two, anyway).

As for ectoplasmic missile... let's say that it only does 1 missile base, then has the following augmentation.

Augment: For 1 PP, the manifester creates another ectoplasmic missile. You cannot create more than five ectoplasmic missiles with one manifestation of this power.

Energy Missile does something similar, but uses a specific energy type; it's also only 2nd level. At 3 PPs on Ectoplasmic Missile, you can do 3d6+3, but you have to roll to hit. I think that's fair.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
IMPORTANT QUESTION
Okay... right now, there are four people in the party.

Syld
Ruth
Jansson
Animus

Animus is currently off on his own, and Jarval hasn't been around in awhile.

That leaves us with two people in the main party, until Jarval shows up again.

I've noticed that the game has slowed down tremendously. Is everybody still having fun? Is the game enjoyable? Do you want to try recruiting new people at the earliest opportunity, or are we good with as few people as we have?

I really don't want to see the game die, but if nobody's having fun, perhaps it's time to take a break? At least until Jarval shows up?

Jarval

Explorer
Hi folks, I'm back :)

GW, I'm really sorry if my absence has slowed things down or caused any problems. I'm back now, and the Psionicle is one of the games at the very top of my list to get back into. Should I just jump back into the IC thread and start posting again?

On the note of upgrading characters, I've got the 3.5 stats for Jansson on my HDD, but I don't think I've posted them yet. Do you want me to get them up?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jarval said:
Hi folks, I'm back :)

Finally! :) I was starting to get worried about you, Jarval. It's good to hear from you again.

Is everything cleared up now?

GW, I'm really sorry if my absence has slowed things down or caused any problems. I'm back now, and the Psionicle is one of the games at the very top of my list to get back into. Should I just jump back into the IC thread and start posting again?

Yes, please! :)

I don't think you missed much, fortunately, so it should be easy for you to come back in.

On the note of upgrading characters, I've got the 3.5 stats for Jansson on my HDD, but I don't think I've posted them yet. Do you want me to get them up?

That would be helpful. :) I think that would complete our changeover to 3.5. Only took us a year or so, but we got to it eventually. ;)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Speaking of updating, take a look at what I found...

Looks like RPG Cosmos is back among us. :)

Are you all still interested in using the alternate rules for first level? I think that, if we use them, I'll say that you get the specials but not the hit die, as psionics got a significant boost from the XPH.

Jarval

Explorer
GnomeWorks said:
Finally! :) I was starting to get worried about you, Jarval. It's good to hear from you again.

Is everything cleared up now?
It's good to be back :) Things are still rather busy at my end, but it's all on a more regular time-table, so it's a bit easier to manage. I'm not going to be able to manage being in as many games as I was before I left, but there's no chance at all that I'd drop the Psionical :)

Right, I've posted to the IC thread, and am just glancing over Jansson's revised stats. I'll post 'em in a minute.

GnomeWorks said:
Speaking of updating, take a look at what I found...

Looks like RPG Cosmos is back among us. :)
Hah, good to see them back :)

Remove ads