• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Psionicle, Thread II [Update! Please read and post!]

Jarval

Explorer
Looking back over the OoC thread, it turns out I've already posted Jansson's revised stats here. There are still a couple of issues with his equipment however:

The Power Stones of Spider Climb no longer exists as a psionic power, but the Wall Walker (Psychic Warrior 2) power is roughly equivalent.

The Dorje of Ectoplasmic Missile has no 3.5 update. The closest power I can find to Ectoplasmic Missile is Energy Ray (Psion/Wilder 1).

Would it be OK to convert these items over as I've suggested, or do you want to do it differently?

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
I don't think the 3.5 psions really need the starting extras. Not to mention that Florentine Fighting is not needed for egoists anymore since they actually lost the Claw line of powers to the PW (and they now follow the normal natural attack progression anyway), and that a second psionic, item creation or metapsionic feat isn't going to weight as much now that everybody already gets one bonus at 1st level, especially compared to Evasion or Uncanny Dodge.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Hey GW, I was just complementing Starman on his game that he was running, and I realized that I've been forgetting to tell you how much I enjoy this game. I really do. The way that the plot is ever-present and part of everything, and the way you've catered to my character in the sense of making my little bits and pieces of background important have really paid off, and I appreciate your work. It's been fun, and I really do remember almost all the events. Also of interest, I've always found your world (especially the use of three seperate "forces") to be really cool.

I owed you that much say, I know I don't give credit out where it is due as much as I should.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Thanks, CS! :)

-----

Jarval said:
The Power Stones of Spider Climb no longer exists as a psionic power, but the Wall Walker (Psychic Warrior 2) power is roughly equivalent.

The Dorje of Ectoplasmic Missile has no 3.5 update. The closest power I can find to Ectoplasmic Missile is Energy Ray (Psion/Wilder 1).

Would it be OK to convert these items over as I've suggested, or do you want to do it differently?

Well, I pointed out a possible conversion for Ectoplasmic Missile earlier, and with RPG Cosmos up again we have the stats for it... either use that, or Energy Ray, whichever you'd prefer.

Spider Climb to Wall Walker sounds alright to me.

-----

Dalamar said:
I don't think the 3.5 psions really need the starting extras. Not to mention that Florentine Fighting is not needed for egoists anymore since they actually lost the Claw line of powers to the PW (and they now follow the normal natural attack progression anyway), and that a second psionic, item creation or metapsionic feat isn't going to weight as much now that everybody already gets one bonus at 1st level, especially compared to Evasion or Uncanny Dodge.

Alright.

Yup this is a great game, my life just went pandemonium lately and the only reprieve I found at my PC was playing World of Warcraft Beta, didnt even think of anything else but Seps Story Hour ;)

But I had a big cleanout, professionally and socially (and financially ;)), some people abuse peoples good intentions and good will too much.

Thanee

First Post
@Jarval: That human is an elf. ;)

Hmm... one thing I'd like to ask... how well known is all that stuff about the Psionicle?
Does mostly everyone know that it is the power behind the force of psionics?
Or is that some obscure knowledge only some select individuals know about these days?

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
@GW: That didn't really help. :)

-->
I wanted to know how well known the knowledge of the Psionicle is in general, not what Fee'ann knows about it (tho, that is certainly useful to know as well :)). I only know what you had written in the recruiting thread about the Psionicle and based Fee'ann's knowledge on that. Is what you have written there generally known?

Bye
Thanee

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Thanee -
Sorry about that! The Psionicle isn't very well-known; though most psions and their ilk might be aware of the name, they certainly don't know it's properties. So what you know is already a step above of what other people are aware of ;).

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hey, I'm back! And I'd like to get this one off the ground again...

If I could get a quick hand from everybody still willing to play, we'll get started again as soon as possible. Thanks! :)

Remove ads