D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Well, Sesto’s Insight is quite good. Sesto could always be an advisor to the noble and provide good insight into matters. The noble will, of course, make all decisions.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Ok, so Mord does the talking, Sesto detects the lies, Primus passes mental messages so Sesto doesn't have to 'cough' or something silly to let Mord know when he's being played. Everyone else is just a servant or guard of some sort? Sound good [MENTION=59816]FitzTheRuke[/MENTION]?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Primus will be key to connect the entire party... for example Kalorn speaks dwarven.

But ultimately the goal is to reach a deal. Making a profit is just a side benefit

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Guidance is out. It's got verbal and somatic components. People take issue with spellcasting at the negotiation table. Too much chance of mind-control. Sesto can advise, though. Heck, he doesn't need to communicate entirely through Primus, either. If he has misgivings, he can whisper in Waterdeep-Mord's ear. Priestly advisers are welcome.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Seems fair enough

Primus being the "mental switchboard" is incredibly useful. If that is *all* Primus did (this and not die), Kalorn would consider him a valuable asset ...

tglassy

Adventurer
When we level up, I’ll grab the Telepthic Contact discipline. It’ll let me telepathically talk to 6 people at once, instead of just one at a time. That does seem like it would be useful.

It would also allow for some telepathic manipulation, like forcing someone to answer a question or believe something I tell them.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I hope that Alhana and Lorenn have been quiet because they are happy to follow along for this last little while and not because I have lost the intetest of [MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6805410]Fradak[/MENTION] in this game! (Please let me know!)

I know that I have been reacting to the posts of the frequent posting players but it is not because I don't value your input - quite the opposite. It's that I assume that an infrequent poster is either 1: busy or 2: waiting for me to move on to something they find more interesting. In this case I assume that a nice combat would be that thing. So far we have managed to skip 3 potential combats in a row. I don't expect this to be a low-combat game, but so far it has worked out looking that way. If you are waiting, hang in there.

If I've lost your interest, on the other hand, I am sorry for it.

Remove ads