D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
If the PCs discuss this Kalorn can put up an illusion of darkness up. It's not nearly as good as the real deal, but it will delay the survivor kobolds in that room while we deal with the others?

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Yes, put up the illusion. Looks like we need to go the other way anyway. The slope is to steep and slippery to get up. Even with a rope but nowhere to tie it to.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Only one warlock spell slot left for Kalorn... I could cast armor of Agathys, but against cold creatures it might not do much :/

If people feel inclined to buff the party tank, boosts to hit chances or AC would be great :)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Primus will keep the barrier up until they break through or he uses his concentration on something else. It lasts 10 minutes. Unless we need to go that way, why make it easier for them to flank us?
Ah, I assumed it'd be over. Can you drop it though? Mord is shooting fish in a barrel.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord should easily discern the spell as being an illusion based purely on his inability to see through it. And walking in might be construed as physical interaction?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Trolls eh? It's a shame Kalorn hasn't been able to attune properly to the giant slaying sword yet but I think trolls might be vulnerable to mind magic - I could hit them with Hypnotic pattern. Would buy us time, focus on one at a time while the others are ga-ga (if it works...)

in other words, if I do this, and it works, please don't go waking all of them up!

Edit: nope, I have to concentrate on the illusion.

Mord should easily discern the spell as being an illusion based purely on his inability to see through it. And walking in might be construed as physical interaction?

As a warlock he might also recognize misty vision for what it is. You know this isn't darkness because of the tentacles peaking out.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] , does Primus have some kind of special defense/ plan which is why he didn't move? If he stays there, the trolls will go for him. Sesto and Kalorn can't reach that far, ie Primus is the front line right now.

tglassy

Adventurer
Well first, there isn’t anywhere to go except down the slope. Second, Primus will teleport 10 ft back as a reaction if he gets hit, increasing his AC by 4. Meant to say that in the post.

Hey, just looked it up and it looks like Nomads at lvl 6 always add 10 ft to their teleports, so if an attack would hit him, he’ll teleport to the bottom of the slope as a reaction.

Remove ads