[OOC] Roll20 Online Game Trial - Looking for Players - Australian Timezones

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Ok, I'm really liking the playtest material so other than really wanting to play the rogue (rogue is and always will be my one true love), I've decided I'm going to put together a Maptools map and run it. When I get closer to completing it, I'll see if y'all interested in running it again with me. Not trying to usurp the group, here, rather just offering first dibs once I get everything together. Could be on a different day as well. Regardless, I'll be running it several times with probably several different groups.

And just wanted to make sure that I dibs the rogue on Lord's playtest :D

LordGraz'zt

First Post
Confirming for Sunday:

[MENTION=56189]Kzach[/MENTION] (confirmed)
[MENTION=6693456]RobertLie[/MENTION] (confirmed)

[MENTION=94990]Messageboy[/MENTION] - are you still planning on playing?
[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] - I know you can not make it regularly but are you interested in a once off?
[MENTION=10870]lightful[/MENTION] - the playtest will be only be a oneshot, plus will be a good chance to see how we work together - will you be able to make it tomorrow?

If there is anyone else that wants to play - or you know of anyone, please feel free to let me know.

jbear

First Post
I can probably do a once off and yes, I'm very keen to try out the play test.

I've been reading the rules and it looks pretty interesting, especially if this is just a starting point. The mix of editions it feels like with a mix of new with the advantage/disadvantage mechanic is pretty nifty.

So, pencil me in :)

Which PCs are taken so far? Interested in playing any except the fighter who look very bland and boring. I'll put dibs on the Cleric of Moradin I think.

LordGraz'zt

First Post
Good man.

The Fighter does not seem to be getting much love but to me he looks like a beast.

With a +6 modifier and 2d6+7 damage (+3 on a miss) every single round, what he lacks in imagination he makes up for in consistency haha.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Good man.

The Fighter does not seem to be getting much love but to me he looks like a beast.

With a +6 modifier and 2d6+7 damage (+3 on a miss) every single round, what he lacks in imagination he makes up for in consistency haha.

Interestingly enough, there's been comments about the fighter being 'boring' and comments from the designers about how the fighter is one of the few classes that requires imagination to play because their focus is on physical characteristics whereas all other classes are somewhat MAD. So a fighter player should be telling the DM things like, "I leap up on the table and..." and they get some sort of Strength check and the DM gives them advantage for trying a stunt, or "I bash down the door!" etc. rather than just passively attack/damage, attack/damage, attack...

Basically the design gives flat numbers that are meant to be used for an interactive dialogue between DM and player. As much as I love the concept and fully try to do so with every character I play or whenever I DM, I still think that relying on such devices is a failure of class design.

Also, it's not clear why the dwarf has a 2d6 greataxe when the equipment list says it's 1d12 :D

jbear

First Post
Definitely not the kind of character I enjoy playing that's for sure.

If there are just three of us I will happily run him (as well) so we have some muscle in the group.

Edit: I think I'm going to play the Cleric of Pelor instead.

Last edited:

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Edit: I think I'm going to play the Cleric of Pelor instead.

And henceforth he was known as "Pewpew!"

My character is Baelon "Cookie" Darkshore. A halfling street rat who, by hanging out the rear of many a fine eatery, learned how to cook the finest in second-hand foodstuffs, earning him the street name "Cookie", in honour of the crumbs of food he managed to string together and somehow make taste good!

Remove ads