D&D 5E [OOC] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr [ENDED]

Forged Fury

First Post
At the upper levels, it's probably quite political. Rowena is the absolute master of the Shadow Stars, but there is likely a ton of jockeying underneath her for position. The politics are odd considering it's a secretive, unofficial organization that essentially acts as a large adventuring company sponsored by the Queen-Monarch. The size of the group is estimated to being between 50 and 100 members, but only Rowena and the Queen-Monarch know for sure. So there's a good chance that a new group of Stars will have never met each other, but once they've been around for a while, they tend to have either worked with each other or share mutual acquaintances that they've worked with in the past. It operates in a largely cellular structure, so one group of Stars doesn't really know what the others are doing. Brue, due to being chosen for the diplomatic duty, knows other Stars are engaged in similar activities on behalf of the Queen-Monarch.

Forged Fury

First Post
Should be fine, I expect most of the questions to come from the others. Brue knows what her next steps are and has already read the scroll. She also knows what Rowena has chosen to leave out of the instructions.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Lorenzo. She remembered now, though couldn't recall his surname. Frustrated with her inability to recall detail, Brue shook her head back and forth, trying to shake loose memory.
See, every so often someone comes along so awesome that they don't NEED a last name.

Madonna
Prince
Seal
McLovin
Lorenzo

Nah, in all seriousness, I assume that like most peasants he wouldn't have a family name, and instead he has been given a variety of descriptive surnames throughout his life.

When he was a dirty young child living on his parents' farm, he was Lorenzo Soil.
When he was stationed in Matzica, he grew enamored of the local wooly beasts and was Lorenzo Llamas.

Last edited:

Egon

First Post
When he was stationed in Matzica, he grew enamored of the local wooly beasts and was Lorenzo Llamas.

iWKad22.jpg

Forged Fury

First Post
I'd normally do this in the recruitment thread, but its OOC stuff and I don't want to split attention between the threads. I just want to go through and check the equipment stuff, Brue's sheet one final time, and just check to make sure no one is forgetting anything. I'd like the out of story purchasing stuff to be fully finalized before we get to Kirgard, which will likely be pretty soon, from what I can tell. Since there shouldn't be a ton of issues, I'll do it all in one post.

Forged Fury

First Post
@hafrogman
[sblock]- Not that we'll forget them, but please add Jote and the cart to your equipment sheet.
- I was trying to decide if you would need to buy at least one vial of Holy Water in order to meet the material component requirements for Bless and Protection from Good/Evil, but I'm going to stick with RAW and say it doesn't have a cost since it isn't listed.[/sblock]

@Egon
[sblock]- I know you're trying to figure out what to do with the rest of your money. One thing would be to spend 50GP to be able to cast Chromatic Orb. It has a 50GP diamond material component requirement which you haven't met yet.
- You have proficiency in smith's tools, but no smith's tools. Just pointing it out in case you had intended to purchase some and forgot. I usually don't buy all the tools with which I have proficiency. Especially the heavy ones.[/sblock]

@Marcelus14
[sblock]- You may want to put Combat Inspiration next to Bardic Inspiration. Just as a reminder. You're probably going to have to remind everyone you grant inspiration to what they can do with it since you have the expanded version.
- You have your warhammer dealing slashing damage.
- I assume you're going to use your drum as your spellcasting focus?[/sblock]

@CanadienneBacon
[sblock]- It looks like you gave Brue +1s to all of her CHA based skills, but it looks like it should be +0
- I'm coming up with 161GP 4SP and 8CP left over based on what you have listed. That's a 150GP differential. Did I miss anything? I think you had mentioned a horse at one point in time.[/sblock]

@Olrox17
[sblock]- You'll need to spend 2GP on a bit and bridle for your horse.
- You need to upgrade your saddle. 5GP only gets you a pack saddle which isn't used for riding. You may want to splurge on the military saddle for 20GP. It provides advantage on checks to remain in your saddle.[/sblock]

Remove ads