D&D 5E [OOC] Securing the Alliance: An Adventure in Tethyr [ENDED]

Olrox17

Hero
@Olrox17
[sblock]- You'll need to spend 2GP on a bit and bridle for your horse.
- You need to upgrade your saddle. 5GP only gets you a pack saddle which isn't used for riding. You may want to splurge on the military saddle for 20GP. It provides advantage on checks to remain in your saddle.[/sblock]

All right, I'll do that right away. I'm a little strapped for cash, so I'll have to eliminate the smith's tools to get a military saddle.

Olrox17 said:
@CanadienneBacon I updated my background. Now it mentions an exotic looking young woman. Take a look and tell if you like the idea!

Pilfered this comment from the old recruitment thread and teleported it over here to our new OOC! Thanks for adding Brue to your background, [MENTION=6801397]Olrox17[/MENTION]. I had a look this morning at what your wrote. Short and sweet, nice. It looks like Corilo was 15 or 16 when Brue picked him up and took him to a medic in service of Zaranda Star? Or did this happen after Corilo joined Gorstan's Riders? Or after he joined the Shadow Stars?

If I'm doing my math right, Corilo was born in '57, and the year is now '78, so that makes him 21? Which means he's four years younger than Brue, who is 25. Let me know if that matches what you'd been thinking.

[MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION], when things slow down a bit and you have time, would you please add the map of the region to the OOC? And links to the RG and OOC on page one of the IC? It's handy for me to have these items in each thread; saves having to cross-reference both forums.

Egon

First Post
[MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION], when things slow down a bit and you have time, would you please add the map of the region to the OOC? And links to the RG and OOC on page one of the IC? It's handy for me to have these items in each thread; saves having to cross-reference both forums.
Any chance you can add links to the threads in the community group as well?

Forged Fury

First Post
Short of adding the map to the OOC thread, everything should be cross-linked at this point.

I see Brue remembers that five is an unlucky number in Tethyr.

While you all continue your conversation, I just need to get confirmation of your travelling arrangements. One horse (Corilo), and a donkey with a cart? The cart can hold four people total, two on the driver's board and two in the back, assuming only a small amount of gear, goods, or supplies.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I believe the intention of the cart was primarily for gear and the gnome so that we weren't hindered by Boddynock's 25 speed.
According to the book, the donkey can pull 2,000 pounds, but a) I think that's probably really heavy working conditions and b) no indication of how much the cart can support and c) I imagine it'd slow the donkey down anyways. So I think most of us are on foot. Packs in the cart and then Boddynock in the driver's seat.

[MENTION=95059]Forged Fury[/MENTION]

Man I hope I did that right.

Anyway, made the changes, and yes, I had meant for the drum to be a spell focus if that works for you!

Egon

First Post
So, I'm trying to get all that lovely loot our GM gave us, and here's what I've got so far:

Code:
Background    +  15
GM Grant      + 500
Herbalism     - 250
Herbalism Kit -   5
50 GP Diamond -  50

That leaves me with 210 gold. I only need one diamond for Chromatic Orb - the spell doesn't indicate it's consumed - but I may double down on some stuff. Like an extra diamond, or even an extra arcane focus just to be on the safe side. Maybe a second Herbalism kit.

Need some ideas, guys. Any help here?

Forged Fury

First Post
According to the book, the donkey can pull 2,000 pounds, but a) I think that's probably really heavy working conditions and b) no indication of how much the cart can support and c) I imagine it'd slow the donkey down anyways. So I think most of us are on foot. Packs in the cart and then Boddynock in the driver's seat.

In case it's needed for the future (i.e. lugging around unconscious people), the donkey has a pull capacity of 2100 pounds. The cart weighs 200 pounds, so Donkey Jote can pull an additional 1900 pounds. I am going to assume that a standard cart can accommodate the basic pull load of a single donkey (so, 1900 pounds). Based on that, and just eyeballing it instead of doing the math, I think the donkey can handle pulling four of you at a time, although it may be a strain if Boddynock isn't one of the four for some reason.

Remove ads