• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP by MLeibrock and Scotley

Lou

Explorer
I spent most of this week on required classroom observations. Hard to get into a classroom in the summer, but our instructor is an assistant principal at a middle school where summer school is just now ending.

The story:
In an 8th grade math class filled with English language learners, the teacher, who told me she normally teaches 6th grade, was covering linear and non-linear forms, as well as proportional and non-proportional linear equations. After about 90 minutes of listening to the teacher tell her students that their straight lines were non-linear, I asked to speak with her while the students were doing problems and asked her about the objective on the board that mentioned proportional and non-proportional lines. Her students were drawing straight lines that she was calling non-linear. She listened to me and went to her district-designed summer school lesson plans to review. After a short break, she retaught the class about proportional and non-proportional linear equations. I was worried that her class would not understand the correction, but the next morning in the same class I watched as student after student identified proportional and non-proportional lines reciting if the line passed through the origin or not.

Leif

Adventurer
Unfortunately this is too true. I remember asking how you learn what actual jobs are out there instead of job titles and never could get any kind of response. It was like I was asking the wrong question.

Interestingly, or not, Jane Jamison, my class's high school counselor, is another Kroger regular.

Scotley

Hero
Okay gang, playing catch up at work after taking a day off for the Independence Day holiday yesterday. Will try to get a post up late today or early tomorrow.

Lou

Explorer
do I smell a TPK?

Coup de Grace
As a full-round action, you can use a melee weapon to deliver a coup de grace (pronounced “coo day grahs”) to a helpless opponent. You can also use a bow or crossbow, provided you are adjacent to the target.

You automatically hit and score a critical hit. If the defender survives the damage, he must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + damage dealt) or die. A rogue also gets her extra sneak attack damage against a helpless opponent when delivering a coup de grace.

Delivering a coup de grace provokes attacks of opportunity from threatening opponents.

You can’t deliver a coup de grace against a creature that is immune to critical hits. You can deliver a coup de grace against a creature with total concealment, but doing this requires two consecutive full-round actions (one to “find” the creature once you’ve determined what square it’s in, and one to deliver the coup de grace).

It's possible.

Remove ads