[OOC thread] Midnight at Milwood Morgue [D20 Modern: Dark*Matter]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Cowpie Zombie said:
ANDREW D. GALE (character: Tom Matthiessen)
--You've listed "Blue collar (cryptozoologist)" as starting occupation. More detail needed about exactly what Tom does (ie mechanic? Janitor? Bruiser?). Surely he doesn't actually make a living from cryptozoology!?
--Be sure to note "Simple Weapons Proficiency" in feats.
--You've listed "Skill emphasis" as Tom's Talent, but didn't note which skill. I'm assuming it's Knowledge (earth and life sciences) since your modifier for that skill is +9, but if you could indicate in the Talent line which skill receives the emphasis it would help clarify.
--a little more background/flavor text would help flesh Tom out a bit.
****Tom rocks!

I've fixed this stuff. For the occupation and skill emphasis you were right on.

Cowpie Zombie

First Post
UPDATE: Sunday night, 8:48p.m. (PST)

Okay all, good work on the minor additions/corrections to your characters. We are now, truly, ready to start.

Just a few ground rules, some of which I've mentioned before:

1. GM (me) rolls all dice. I will let you know results for most of your character's rolls, except in cases where your character couldn't know whether he has succeeded or not (as in Bluff, Move Silently, etc.).

2. Posting frequency: every 1-2 days. If five days pass without a single post (and no explanation given in advance), GM (me) will take over said character. This is so that if anyone abandons the game :( the rest of us won't be unduly inconvenienced. If something happens to you preventing you from posting for awhile, and you get in touch to explain later, I'll give you your character back. ;)

3. This is stating the obvious, but wait for everyone to post once before you post a follow-up.

4. In character actions should be stated normally; OOC chatter should go in [square brackets]. Please, no fancy font colors! :confused:

5. We can keep this thread active if you have any major questions or comments OOC, otherwise try to keep them in the game thread on "Playing the Game." But just to be safe, let's all check this thread regularly too.

6. I won't be worrying too much about encumbrance right off the bat, but I reserve the right to make encumbrance checks when I feel it's necessary.

*** Any questions? If so, now's your chance! *** ;)

Seriously, if there are any questions, follow-up to this message with 'em. Otherwise, let's go over to "Playing the Game" for the first move. :lol: I'm pumped!

.......see you there......what are you waiting for?.......

zenld

First Post
Possibility of sporadic posting until thursday. going out of town for a job and internet accessibility is unknown as i dont know yet where i am staying. shouldn't be a problem but thought i'd let you know.

zen

zenld

First Post
Hello? Hello?

HELLO?!?!?!?

We still playing? Its been over a week since anyone posted.

Ok, CZ, wake up!

Lets get this thing under way!

zen

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
*Sigh*. I'd like to know if we're still playing, too. For some reason I'm not getting updates from the OOC thread, though we don't seem to be doing much here, either. Please give updates. I'm standing at that cellar door waiting for something to happen!

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Well, Zelnd, it looks like only you and I are still playing this game. What shall we do? I'm rather surprised that Cowpie just bagged like this. I hope everything's alright. Cowpie, if you're out there, give us a sign!!!!

Remove ads