D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

SunGold

First Post
Oh please Uller, oh please! We promise we'll take good care of it, and it'll teach us responsibility! (That line never worked on my parents at the pet store, but here I am still trying it.)

Uller

Adventurer
Well that didn't go as expected. I thought tis would be a useless time waster of an encounter.

You would probably all realize by now that an ooze is a mindless predator. A mindless predator that has knocked out its prey will start to eat its prey. In Orsik's case it is going to have to be killed or removed or it will likely just attack Orsik again.

Uller

Adventurer
I'm not usually one to use any permanent injury rules but damn...Orsik went from max hp to 0 on one crit. Seems like some lasting effect is in order...maybe he lost half his beard at least...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EN World mobile app

DMAesh

Explorer
You know, that makes for interesting character development... As npc's go, it is completely up to you. As for PCs, cosmetic permanents might be okay, but I feel that it could be tricky if it were a permanent penalty. (However, I am completely cool with injuries that take longer than a long rest to recover from, though that might be brutal for this campaign...)

Uller

Adventurer
I don't like the idea for PCs really. It's not much fun to play a PC that has all sorts of penalties or flaws. Let's face it...some PCs take more abuse than others. Madness is enough for permanent flaws, I think.

But yeah...his beard is definitely going to need some grooming after a face shot from a gray ooze.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads