D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

SunGold

First Post
The drow loot brings up something we haven't discussed: loot distribution. How are we doing it? First to claim? Auto-splitting fungible stuff like coins? Should we all be rushing to say "I loot the body" first? ;)

DMAesh

Explorer
I say party loot. Right now, we are in survival mode. IF we find a spot to spend it, I think it should go toward increasing our chances of survival. At least that is what Ez would say.

Uller

Adventurer
I think the fairest thing is evenly split except special circumstances like one character sneaking off and finding treasure on his or her own. Otherwise those who happen to be online when I describe treasure found have an unfair advantage.

I'm not going to keep track of what you do with loot. That's up to you all.

SunGold

First Post
Yeah, I think I agree with the even split. (With the obvious exception of stuff like Erevan's blood diamond. ;))

The problem with party loot is that we're all--both as players and PCs--going to have different ideas about what's "best for the party." We can always choose to pool our money at any time if there's something we all agree is worth it.

DMAesh

Explorer
I suppose. Once Ezraen gets his armor, I think he will happily give Surana and Erevan the lion's share. Problem is that the armor is a little expensive. :p But whatever you guys feel is fair, it's all cool with me.

SunGold

First Post
Well if we get to a place where we can buy your armor, and have enough gold, and Erevan and Surana also feel that's the best use of gold, we can pool our money and do it. I just don't want to lock into that decision right now, you know? IMO the even split allows us all the freedom of choice to do what our characters actually would (and avoids fights over what's best).

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I assumed we pooled everything out of sheer necessity (except for Erevan's little klepto loot). Apart from small shiny things Erevan is okay with sharing.

Which also means Ezraen could use the drow chain armor we found.

Remove ads