D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

SunGold

First Post
I think we should have Bert cast 1 more round of goodberry before we rest and eat those the following day instead of our food. Food seems really scarce and we're about to do a long rest anyway.

When I voted for fast + goodberry, this was what I meant. I was hoping we'd start the day with 18, not 8 (since they last 24 hours, and 8 isn't enough for all of us).

Other than that, looks good.

Uller

Adventurer
When I voted for fast + goodberry, this was what I meant. I was hoping we'd start the day with 18, not 8 (since they last 24 hours, and 8 isn't enough for all of us).

Other than that, looks good.

Okay. You will use 14 of them and consume 0 food but instead use one of Bertram's spells for the day.

NPC prepared spells:

Orsik:
Cantrips: Light, Mending, Sacred Flame, Spare the Dying
1st level (3 slots): Burning Hands, Bless*, Create Water, Faerie Fire*, Healing Word, Protection from Evil*,Cure Wounds

Klep:
Cantrips: Mage Hand, Vicious Mockery
1st Level (3 slots): Known Spells: Heroism, Faerie Fire, Detect Magic, Silent Image, Sleep

Bertram:
1st Level (2 slots): Goodberry, Fog Cloud (I'm thinking Fog Cloud can be used to help you escape trouble if you need)

SunGold

First Post
Bert only used one spell yesterday, during the gnome fight. I meant use up his second slot before we rested, not wait and then cast it in the morning. Not trying to argue with a DM's call here; just clarifying what I meant since I can't tell if you're ruling out something that would make the day too easy or if it was just unclear what I was asking for.

Uller

Adventurer
Bert only used one spell yesterday, during the gnome fight. I meant use up his second slot before we rested, not wait and then cast it in the morning. Not trying to argue with a DM's call here; just clarifying what I meant since I can't tell if you're ruling out something that would make the day too easy or if it was just unclear what I was asking for.

I see what you mean. Okay.

Now that we're figuring out that Bertram can feed you and Orsik can keep your water safe to drink do you think we can not worry about food and water? (at least until something changes regarding either of those characters)

On the one hand, part of what is supposed to be interesting about this adventure is surviving the wilderness of the underdark, but on the other hand, I'd like to keep things moving and not worrying too much about food and water would facilitate that.

In hindsight, if I were to be running a hexcrawl (underdark or otherwise) I'd probably change the rest rules to require better conditions to get the full benefit of a longrest (comfortable accommodations in a civilized place or a full 24 hours of no travel or some such). But I have no intention of doing that. Once you get to an encounter/adventure site the standard rest rules work as intended (keeping the game moving).

SunGold

First Post
Well I don't know how the elves are feeling, but in no way do I feel like using spells for food/water makes this comfortable or easy. Especially in the case of Orsik--I hate using his spells up on water when he's effectivly the only healer in a sprawling party.

I mean, to recap:
- We're being chased by psychopaths
- There are 3 confirmed hostile members of our own party (two of those with ticking clocks over their heads), possibly 4
- Oh and we somehow have to keep two wererats a secret for who knows how long
- Even if we make it to our first destination we have no idea whether they'll help us or attempt to enslave us
- Literally everything in the Underdark
- DEMONS

So yeah, we can use up spell slots to avoid the whole "starving to death" thing...spell slots that we might desperately need during/after fights. We either get to feel a little less worried about food or a little less worried about surviving fights, but not both.

To steal a line from Jay Z, "I got 99 problems but [starving] ain't one."

DMAesh

Explorer
I think that with the other dangers that we face every day, we should begin trying to figure out to naturally source our food and water. We can use the magic for now, but I am thinking long-term. Using up our magic resources that may conceivably be needed someday, is a disaster waiting to happen.

Other than that, I am good on this plan!

Uller

Adventurer
I'm going to give JustinCase another day or two before we move on from the muck pits (you're going around unless Erevan wants to convince you otherwise, correct?)

I have a meeting tonight and tomorrow night my table group is resuming.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Uller

Adventurer
I sent JustinCase a PM letting him know we're back on. I'll advance the game in a bit. Hopefully he is able to rejoin us.

Remove ads