Oots 423

MarkB

Legend
The joke falls a bit flat because it's not a question of whether Redcloak limits himself to just the four elements or not. Elementals aren't constructs, so he didn't get to build a whole bunch of titanium elementals - either they already existed, in which case people with ranks in Knowledge (the Planes) know about them, or they didn't, in which case Redcloak doesn't get to spontaneously invent them.

Although it does leave me wondering what the Elemental Plane of Titanium looks like.

And me personally, I'd have gone for Sodium Elementals, or Potassium if I was feeling lucky. Just add water (or indeed the bodily fluids of a just-squished paladin) and watch the fireworks.

Celebrim

Legend
lukelightning said:
Hmm, Agent Oracle's post with the diagram of the titanium sword is great! Finally I understand those ginormous anime swords! They're just titanium!

Which also explains why they so often function merely as huge clubs - the just don't hold an edge.

TwinBahamut

First Post
Sir Elton said:
Titanium is Orichalcum. :)
Err... no. Orichalcum is often confused as some kind of mythical super-material, but classically, it refers to a variant of bronze. The primary reference to Orichalcum, Plato's description of Atlantis, puts it in the same category as gold and silver. Thus, it is more of a precious metal than a structural metal.

nute

Explorer
Also, this is assuming that physical laws are identical in a fantasy universe. For example, in some campaigns mixing the specific chemicals for real-world gunpowder simply will have no effect because the laws of chemistry are different - while mixing other items together will create a healing draught.

Perhaps a Titanium Elemental is lighter and has less mass than an Earth Elemental, given equal size categories, but does more damage because it's spikier.

Slife

First Post
MarkB said:
And me personally, I'd have gone for Sodium Elementals, or Potassium if I was feeling lucky. Just add water (or indeed the bodily fluids of a just-squished paladin) and watch the fireworks.
Why not francium?

I'm smelling a joke about "energy" types around the corner...

Drowbane

First Post
morbiczer said:
Since Redcloak summoned the elementals, not called them, their bodies will vanish once the spell runs out, so this doesn't really matter.

Of course it matters. Holes knocked into the walls won't magically heal up once the Elementals disappear.

LoneWolf23

First Post
MarkB said:
The joke falls a bit flat because it's not a question of whether Redcloak limits himself to just the four elements or not. Elementals aren't constructs, so he didn't get to build a whole bunch of titanium elementals - either they already existed, in which case people with ranks in Knowledge (the Planes) know about them, or they didn't, in which case Redcloak doesn't get to spontaneously invent them.

Although it does leave me wondering what the Elemental Plane of Titanium looks like.

I'm guessing Titanium Elementals are one of the subraces of Earth Elementals, and thus originate from that Plane.

Remove ads