• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Out of the Abyss - Characters

Dargrimm

First Post
I just got Out of the Abyss and I'm enjoying a LOT reading it (sadly I don't have any group to play with so...). Anyway I love dwarves and believe that OotA is a very nice to play with a group of dwarves. This is the group that I would play the adventure with:
(All use the standard array)

Male mountain dwarf, Paladin, LG
Str 16, Dex 8, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 13
Favours fighting with a two-handed maul. Perhaps he'll take the Oath of Devotion but I think that the Oath of the Crown (waiting for Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide) will be more fitting.

Male mountain dwarf, Wizard, LG
Str 14, Dex 8, Con 15, Int 15, Wis 14, Cha 13
A mace and breastplate wearing dwarf. He doesn't look like your typical wizard. Focused on earth/stone based spells. He'll become a transmuter at 2nd level.

Female mountain dwarf, Fighter, CG
Str 17, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 13
A devout follower of Haela Brightaxe she is the first to change and fights recklessly with a two-handed sword. She'll take the champion archetype.

Male mountain dwarf, Bard, LG
Str 16, Dex 8, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 15
A hammer and shield wielding boisterous dwarf. Always laughing and singing with a booming voice. Valor bard.

I haven't think much about the story of each one, but all were part of the same group from Gauntlgrym (along with Eldeth Feldrun) that was captured by the drow.

Post your groups! I'm very curious about the characters people play with.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
It feels like cheating, but I'd sub the Fighter for a Ranger with the Underdark terrain and the Wizard for a Druid or Cleric.

All of my parties have at least one Bard. Usually me... always me. ^_^

Paladin, Bard and Druid means 'you win' a large part of the time - if that matters.

Remove ads